Saturday, November 4, 2017

MY LOVE ALLEGIANCE / The Cause of Love



This is the 7th of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Is Not Touchy" / “Love Is Not Easily Offended”

LOVE ALLEGIANCE
by
Kent Cooley

(1 John 5:1; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

When I was 11 years of age, I went through a trial in which I could not feel the presence of God for six months. The enemy had tried to convince me that I had spoken against the Spirit and somehow sinned against the Spirit and could never be saved. After six months of the heavens seeming as brass to me, I remember going to my room and praying, “Lord, I love You, I love Your Word, I love Your people and I love lost humanity. If I never feel Your presence again, I am still going to serve You all the days of my life.” As soon as I said this, the presence of God flooded my room and the Lord spoke to me for the first time in my life. He said,

“I love you My servant, My son. This has been a trial of your faith.
You will never go through this trial again.”

He has been so very faithful with His presence and anointing upon my life since that day.

At 11 years of age, when my faith had been tried, I made, what I now call,

“My Love Allegiance”
I love You,
I love Your Word,
I love Your people,
I love lost humanity,

Father, I realign myself today with these four love priorities. I love You. I love Your Word. I love Your people. And I love lost humanity. I am so thankful that I have been born of You and born of love. Love through me.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion authored by KentCliffordCooley





THE CAUSE OF LOVE
(Adapted from 1 John 5:1; John 7:1-9; Matthew 10:16; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse:
Love is unassuming;
Love is not discouraged by opposition
Love just keeps on blooming wherever love is planted
In every situation,
Love just keeps going on and on and on and on and on and on
Love just keeps on going on and on
Chorus:
I love Your word
I love Your people
I love You
I love lost humanity
Though I’m hated, I do not hate;
Though I’m rejected I do not reject
I will give to those who will receive;
I live for the cause of love (repeat 3 times)
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

This is the impartation devotion
Father, You are love and love is not touchy or easily offended and I am not touchy of easily offended. I confess today that I do not react to the actions of people in like manner to their actions. I act on love not returning evil for evil. I will say to my mind, this is one for whom Christ died taking no offense at their inactions. I will never be offended in you nor in others as I dwell and continue in love and dwell and continue in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment