Thursday, November 2, 2017

THE DOOR OF OFFENSE / I’m Not Offended In Jesus


This is the 4th of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Is Not Touchy“Love Is Not Easily Offended”

THE DOOR OF OFFENSE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Job 2; John 6; 1 Corinthians 13:5)



Have you ever seen anyone take offense with God because of a misfortune or hardship? I have heard statements like this, “How could God allow this to happen?” or “Where was God when all of this happened?!” Job’s wife said to her suffering husband, “Why don’t you curse God and die?” Job told his wife that she was foolish to speak offensive words against God. It is foolish for anyone to take offense at the Almighty and blame Him for anything that is the act of the evil one. Job was blameless before God because he refused to be offended with the trouble that he was experiencing. He refused offense and God turned things around for him.

God is love and there is no offense in Him. To be offended with the One who created you for His pleasure is to accuse Him of doing it all wrong. The Holy One only walks through the door of love. He searched Job’s heart and found a door to enter and He will search our hearts for a door that welcomes him.

Father, when I do not understand a trial or a test, I still choose to not take offense but to keep the door of love open in my heart. I realize that those are the very times I need You the most. I cast my unanswered questions and all of my cares on You and I know that You care for me. Help me to recognize the door of offense and wisdom to keep it closed.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion authored by RebeccaAnnCooley



I’M NOT OFFENDED IN JESUS

(Adapted from Job 2; John 6; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

Verse 1:
Unless you eat my flesh, unless you drink my blood
You have no life in you
Many were offended and there only remained a few
Jesus questioned the twelve, Will you go also
Peter was the first one to speak up, 
“Lord where else can we go”
Chorus:
I’m not offended in Jesus, 
though many times I don’t understand
Still I’m not offended in Jesus
But I’ll keep trusting and holding to His hand
Though many may be offended, 
I will echo the words Peter said,
“Lord, where else can we go
For only You have the words of eternal life.”
Verse 2:
Job’s wife came to him after he was tested and tried
Job, why don’t you curse God
Why don’t you curse God and die
Job replied you talk like one of the foolish women
Though God yet will I trust him
I will never be offended in Him
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment