Wednesday, November 1, 2017

TAKE THOUGHT / I WON'T TAKE THAT THOUGHT



This is the 3rd of 7 devotions with the theme
from 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Is Not Touchy" / "Love Is Not Easily Offended"
  


TAKE THOUGHT
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Matthew 5; Matthew 6:34;

Romans 12:17; Phillipians 4:8; 1 Corinthians 13:5)


When someone expresses anger or rudeness, we have a natural tendency to react with the same action that has been expressed toward us. However, that is the very moment when we should do what Jesus said to do:

“Don’t return evil for evil. Overcome evil with good.”

Paul wrote to the Romans:

“Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all “

When someone says something rude and a reactionary thought comes to me, that is when I say to myself, “No, I am not going to take that thought”. Then I instruct my mind to take the thoughts of forgiveness and grace.

Recently someone slighted us financially. At first we felt violated but then we began to process it in love. We thought of the kindness and generosity that person has shown us in the past and began to thank God for those blessings. We sowed the balance of what we should have been paid as our seed back into their lives.
For a few days thoughts and feelings of being violated came back to us, but we instructed our minds to not take those thoughts.” We speak this for however long it takes to realign our hearts with love toward this person.

My child, when life happens to you today, commit your mind to be on guard concerning thoughts. Do not take the thoughts that may come natural to you. Take the thoughts that are honest, proper and noble. If there is any virtue, think on those things. When someone takes advantage of you, give advantage to them and turn it around to be a blessing to them. By doing this you will give no place to the enemy. As you dwell and continue in love, you dwell and continue in me and I dwell and continue in you.

© LoveWalkPublishing Devotion authored by RebeccaAnnCooley


I WON’T TAKE THAT THOUGHT
(Adapted from Matthew 5; Mathew 6:34;
Romans 12:17; Phillipians 4:8; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse:
When someone is rude,
At first I want to react with the same action
That they expressed toward me
Chorus:
But I won’t take that thought
I cast it down
But I won’t take that thought
I cast it down
But I won’t take that thought
I stay inside of love and thing about good things
I stay inside of love
And bless those who curse me
© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 

No comments:

Post a Comment