Monday, October 30, 2017

IT’S NOT ABOUT ME / No Offense



This is the 1st of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Is Not Touchy”
Or
“Love Is Not Easily Offended”


NO OFFENSE 
(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:5; Proverbs 17:9, 19:11)

“Do not be offended at anything. It’s not about you.” God spoke these words to me as soon as I arrived at a church to take the position of minister of music several years ago. Later, I found out that two ministers of music before me left offended. Because of this instruction from the Lord, I constantly reminded my worship team, “It’s not about me.” I encouraged them to not allow offense. I was put to the test in this many times during my service there. But because I had made a quality decision to not be offended, I feel that I guided the music department to not be touchy and when I left there it was on good terms. Later, someone said the Lord used me to be a stabilizing force in that church and He tore down strongholds of offense there.

When attitudes are not right, I cannot change someone’s way of thinking. I have no control over what someone will say or think. But I can speak to myself and instruct myself to say, “It’s not about me. I will allow offense” When I make a quality decision to not be offended, this realigns me with love and gets me back on the love walk. This is a daily decision!

Lord, I know it’s not about me. But I still tend to center on myself at times. I need the Holy Spirit’s help to keep me from stumbling with offense on the love walk. Thank you for your power that works in me daily to realign me with love.

Child, I am not touchy and I live inside of you. I ignore evil that is hurled at me and I pay no attention to suffered wrongs. I will help you to cover and forgive offenses with love. Listen for my prompting to let go and forget. It will be to your glory to overlook a transgression or an offense. Gentleness and calmness prevent and put a stop to great offenses. As you walk past offense on the road of love, you will achieve enjoyment and prosperity. You will also walk in my favor.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion authored by KentCliffordCooley





IT’S NOT ABOUT ME
Devotion: It’s Not about Me
(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:5; Proverbs 17:9, 19:11)
Verse:
When I tend to offend
When I tend to be offended, I’ll instruct my mind
I will realign myself with love (repeat 4 times)
Chorus:
It’s not about me (repeat)
I won’t be offended at anything
Bridge: Love is not touchy (repeat)

© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment