Tuesday, October 31, 2017

ESCAPING THE BAIT OF OFFENSE / Beware Of Offense



This is the 2nd of 7 devotions with the theme

From 1 Corinthians 13:5

"Love Is Not Touchy" / “Love Is Not Easily Offended”




ESCAPING THE BAIT OF OFFENSE

(Adapted from Matthew 24:10; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

The enemy’s full time job is to undo and disengage the works of God in our lives. He is constantly at work trying to reverse love in us. One of his major tactics is the use of offense. Offense is used as a bait to disengage love in us and set up hate.

The first thing the enemy tries to do is to get us to distrust others. Then he attempts to seal our fate by getting us to distrust or accuse God. For example, Job’s wife had seen enough of what her husband was going through and she took the bait of the enemy and took offense at his trials. She became offended at God!

Have you ever heard someone insult God because of something the enemy has done? Have you heard someone say, “God could have prevented that!” or “Why did God let this happen?” These are offense baits that the enemy uses to drain our love and replace it with hate.
Jesus warned us about this,

“Many will be offended and repelled
and will begin to distrust and desert Him
whom they ought to trust and obey.
They will stumble and fall away and betray one another
and pursue one another with hatred.”

Father, I am not in the number who will become offended and desert You. I trust and I obey You. I do not and will not take the bait of the enemy. I allow You to set up love in my heart and life. I give You permission to correct me when I am wrong. I align my heart up with truth and love. Thank you for Your promises and Your faithfulness to make good Your promises as I follow You on the straight and narrow path of love.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion authored by RebeccaAnnCooley

BEWARE OF OFFENSE
Devotion: The Bait of the Enemy
(Adapted from Matthew 24:10; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Chorus:
Beware of offense,
It is a trap to undo your faith
Beware of offense,
It is a trap to undo the love of God within you
working through you
Verse 1:
Many will be offended
And repelled and distrust and desert Him
Whom they ought to trust and obey
And will stumble and fall away
And betray one another
And pursue one another with hatred
Verse 2:
Job’s wife came to him with forbidden fruit just like Eve did
Why don’t you just curse God and die
Job replied; “This is not like you
You talking like a foolish woman
Though God slay me yet I will trust him
Bridge:
I won’t be offended at anything
I will keep my faith strong
I will put my faith in You
I will put my trust in you
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley


No comments:

Post a Comment