Sunday, July 9, 2017

CARE PREVENTION / Walking & Talking w/ You

This is the 6th of 6 devotions with the theme from 1 Peter 5:7
“Casting Care”

CARE PREVENTION

(Adapted from Romans 11:16; 1 Corinthians 13:5; 1Peter 5:7; 1 John 1:7; 1 John 1:9;)

The first fruits of our day belong to the Lord. Scripture says,



"If the first fruit is holy, the whole lump is holy."


Morning prayer is a preemptive strike on the enemy and we begin our day with a huge advantage. It is the best time to cast our care so that we can begin our day care-free. It is the best time to confess our sins so that we can begin our day sin-free. As we emerge out of the darkness of the night, it is in the morning that we choose to walk in the light as He is in the light. It is in the morning that we find ourselves in a mode of fellowship with the Lord that lasts all day. We can truly pray without ceasing all day when we establish fellowship in our first waking moments. Talking to God in the morning is the best investment you can make in your day.


And when you add thanksgiving, you bring much pleasure to Your Creator!

Gratitude reduces the amount of care you will have to cast on the Lord. It is the ounce of prevention that is better than the pound of cure. An ounce of thanksgiving is better than a pound of care.


So go ahead, get your feet wet from the dew on the grass. Take a walk with Jesus this morning.

WALKING AND TALKING WITH YOU

(Adapted from Romans 11:16; 1 Corinthian s13:5; 1Peter 5:7; 1 John 1:7; 1 John 1:9; )
Verse 1: 

My feet are wet from the dew on the grass in the morning, 
walking and talking with You.
Verse 2: 

I cast all my care on the one who cares for me in the morning, 
walking and talking with You.
Verse 3: 

I confess all my sins to the one who is faithful 
to forgive and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.
Verse 4: 

I walk in the light as You are in the light in the morning, 
walking and talking with You.
Verse 5: 

O what fellowship, O what joy divine in the morning, 
walking and talking with You.
Verse 6: 

I am Yours and You are mine in the morning, 
walking and talking with You.


© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

Devotion by KentCliffordCooley


This is the impartation devotion:
Father, it has been settled once and for all.  I cast all my care upon You, all of my care, because You care for me.  

1 comment:

  1. SO beautiful. Thank you! Just what I need to do. To start my day right by casting all my cares on Our Lord, JESUS CHRIST, in morning prayers. And to continue turning to HIM, all the day through.

    Glory to GOD in the Highest. Blessed is HE who comes in the Name of the LORD, Our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST.

    ReplyDelete