Tuesday, July 11, 2017

THE RIGHTFUL PLACE OF THE CROSS / Don'tMoveTheCross


This is the 2nd of 7 devotions with the theme
"Redemption"



THE RIGHTFUL PLACE OF THE CROSS
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Ephesians 6:12; 1 John 4:4)

The cross of Calvary appears very humble and unassuming, yet it is the most powerful force on earth. The cross is the reason that our struggle is not against flesh and blood and the rulers and authorities and powers of this dark world.

We recognize the power and strategy of the enemy in the world today. We see the enemy moving and working all around us. We circulate emails describing it. We discuss the details at our dinner tables. We go to court and fight legal battles. We make laws enabling the enemy’s tactics. The world has given the enemy place. The world and many parts of the body of Christ have chosen to ignore the cross of Christ and thus have moved the cross from its rightful place.

The cross is impressed upon my heart this morning. That humble and unassuming symbol impresses my heart with power and authority. The atoning blood of Jesus has power to break the enemy’s dominion. The enemy has no legal power unless we concede ground to him. The enemy must obey the blood of Jesus and submit to the authority that was provided by the cross. There is no greater truth on the face of the earth and no greater power than the power of the cross.

Father, forgive me for removing the cross from the throne of my heart. I humbly bow to that cross this morning and confess sin and receive forgiveness. I receive the anointing, the atoning blood that was given on the cross as my authority and power to overcome the enemy. I begin with placing the cross in the forefront of my heart today and I use that authority to dismantle sin that has tried to hide there. I set up the cross in my home as the ultimate power and authority to destroy the works of the enemy there. The enemy has no right to my family because the cross is in place in our home. Thank you, Jesus for the cross. I will not move the cross from its rightful place. It remains securely established on the throne of my heart.

DON’T MOVE THE CROSS
Devotion: The Rightful Place Of The Cross
(Adapted from Ephesians 6:12; 1 John 4:4)
Verse 1:
It must be an awful thing for Christ to have to see
A world that’s turned its back on him
Though sovereign he may be
By Him was made an easier way
So that men might be free
Though His back was laid bare,
He seemed not to care
Though the blood filled His eyes and matted His hair
Where he hung His head and died
But before that He cried, Father, forgive
Chorus
Before you move the cross away
What will replace it?
If we don’t give the cross deep thought
We are downward bound let’s face it
An emblem that had shed its light
On so many souls that would be lost
Move anything yes everything
But don’t move the cross
Verse 2
I don’t know if folks can see just how I feel way down inside
Toward those who try to hide this Christ
From those lost sheep who cry
God help me if I should be the man that would try to say
That His blood is not real and no one can feel
His power’s all gone And His stripes cannot heal
And for all that its worth we may as well curse
And throw it away

© WordsAndMusic by James Rogers
Devotion by RebeccaAnnCooley




No comments:

Post a Comment