Monday, July 10, 2017

STRATEGY 2 WIN / LoveWentToCalvary

This is the 1st of 7 devotions with the theme
"Redemption"



STRATEGY TO WIN
by
Rebecca Cooley


(Adapted from John 14:28)

Some of the disciples thought that Jesus had come to overtake the Romans and to re-establish the kingdom of Israel. They expected Him to set Himself up to succeed the throne of David. They really thought this was supposed to happen and expected it. So when the events that were leading up to the cross began to unfold, the disciples were trying to understand. Jesus wanted them to see beyond their small, selfish thinking and to see the bigger and better picture. Jesus was trying to change their mindset from one of ego and pride to a mind of humility. Humility was the key to experiencing God’s glory and humility is our key to experiencing God.

The disciples may have been saying in the shadows to each other, “We’ll show those Romans. Jesus is here and He’s going to overthrow their kingdom. We will stand by Him. We will fight if we have to!”

Jesus used a different angle. "You've heard me tell you, 'I'm going away, and I'm coming back.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I'm on my way to the Father because the Father is the goal and purpose of my life. I've told you this ahead of time, before it happens, so that when it does happen, the confirmation will deepen your belief in me. I'll not be talking with you much more like this because the chief of this godless world is about to attack. But don't worry—he has nothing on me, no claim on me. But so the world might know how thoroughly I love the Father, I am carrying out my Father's instructions right down to the last detail.”

Lord, thank you for revealing in Your Word the strategy that You used against the enemy. Thank you for insight and understanding that reveals to me my strategy against the enemy today. Could I go so far as to tell you Lord, that I will look for opportunities to humble myself? At least, help me to recognize when You are working humility in me! I know You are working in me a strategy to defeat the enemy in my life and to those victories to affect others.

LOVE WENT TO CALVARY
Devotion: Strategy to Win
(Adapted from John 14:28)
Verse 1:
Royalty itself became poverty, born in a manger oh how can this be
The foxes have holes and the birds have nests but the Son of Man hath not a place to rest
He became a servant just to make me a king
Chorus:
Love went to Calvary, Mercy hung upon a tree, Grace said “Not My will”
Power came to save and heal, I’m so glad He made a way for me
I’m so glad He made a way for me
I’m so glad He made a way for you and me when (2. all to see that) love went to Calvary
Verse 2:
I see you weeping and crying at Gethsemane
Lord I see You bleeding and dying on an old rugged tree
All power in heaven and earth had been given unto Thee
You could have called ten thousand angels but instead you called me
Bridge:
For God so loved this old world that He gave His only begotten son
That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but they should have everlasting life
© LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
Devotion by RebeccaAnnCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment