Friday, July 14, 2017

PROPHECY FULFILLED / I Thirst



This is the 4th of 7 devotions with the theme
"Redemption"
PROPHECY FULFILLED
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 19:28-30, 35-36; Matthew 27:34)

I was there that day with my mother at the hill called Golgotha. I knew what was happening was more than what I could see. Scripture was being fulfilled right before my eyes. I, John, have recorded just what I saw that day so that you may believe also.

He refused the wine they offered him. I knew He must be at the point of death but He said He was thirsty. This time vinegar was offered to Him on a sponge and He took it. I thought, “No! The vinegar will seep into your wounds and it will be even more painful!” Now I realize, He was not asking to quench His thirst. He was fulfilling Scripture. The Messiah knew that everything needed to be complete. He was not a helpless, powerless victim. He was very much aware of every Scripture that spoke of His atoning death as the promised Messiah. He had been orchestrating events all along so that His death would perfectly fulfill every prophetic detail to complete His mission. After receiving the vinegar, He said, “It is finished!” All prophecy was fulfilled and His mission was accomplished. I saw Him die.

Lord, You are the One who created the oceans. You are the One who created water! You held time and eternity in Your hands on the cross and You hold it now. You drank the sour wine. You took the bitter cup. You died by choice, not because they made You. You did it for me. You connected Yourself to me in love on that cross. My words are not enough to say thank you, Lord. Thank you for what You did for me.


I THIRST
Devotion: Prophecy Fulfilled
(Adapted from John 19:28-30)
Verse
In the beginning He created the streams
In the beginning He created the rivers
In the beginning He created all things
How is it that I now hear Him cry,
Chorus
I thirst, hear Him cry I thirst, on the cross He cried I thirst
Bridge
Every ‘t’ was crossed, every ‘i’ was dotted
He fulfilled every prophecy as he cried . . .

©LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
Devotion by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment