Thursday, July 13, 2017

THE SCARLET THREAD OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS / BrokenForMe

This is the 3rd of 7 devotions with the theme
"Redemption"




THE SCARLET THREAD OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS
by
Kent Cooley



(Adapted from Gen 3:21; Revelation 7:14)

Several years ago I had the privilege of serving as music minister and adult Sunday school teacher at a church in High Point, NC. When I was given this position to teach, I felt led to begin in Genesis and study “The Scarlet Thread of the Blood of Jesus” throughout scripture. It began with the account of how God made coats of skin for Adam and Eve. This was the first shedding of blood for the covering of their nakedness. This foreshadowed the blood of Jesus. The study lasted for over a year of Sunday mornings and it ended in Revelation 7:14.

These are they which came out of great tribulation,
and have washed their robes,
and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Father, thank you for the scarlet thread of the blood of Your son, Jesus. Thank you for the promise shown in many types and shadows throughout all history of the blood of the Lamb shed for us. I acknowledge that only the blood of Your Son, Jesus can wash away my sins. I receive the redemption You have provided me through the Lamb slain for us now. Thank you for the blood of Jesus.


BROKEN FOR YOU
Devotion:
(Adapted from Hebrews 9:22; Acts 4:12 Rev 13:8; John 1:29; Isaiah 53:5)
Verse 1:
Without the shedding of blood
There’s no remission of sin, no remission at all
And there’s no other name whereby we are saved,
So on Him we call
We were under condemnation,
But for every situation
He was slain from the foundation of the world
Chorus:
Broken for me and He was broken for you
At the whipping post for my healing was bruised
I can’t contain so much love that my Lord would pursue
See the blood streaming down from the cross it is true
Jesus was broken for me
His body was broken for you
Verse 2:
Throughout the old testament
There’s a scarlet thread of the blood of the lamb
And the question was asked,
Where’s the Lamb without spot or blemish for us
The question was finally answered
As John the Baptist did stand
The moment that he saw Jesus he cried,
“Behold the Lamb”
© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley Devotion by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment