Saturday, July 8, 2017

MY BEST FRIEND / Casting All My Care


This is the 5th of 6 devotions with the theme from 1 Peter 5:7
"Casting Care"



MY BEST FRIEND
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Peter 5:7)

Do you have a best friend? A best friend is someone who accepts you just the way you are. You can tell your secrets to your best friend and trust him/her not to broadcast them on facebook. A best friend forgives and keeps coming back around. A best friend is loyal and believes in you. A best friend cares about how you feel. Your best friend may have a temperament just like you or you may be opposites but you enjoy each other’s company. My husband is my best friend. He is all of these things I have described and even more.

But there is a friendship I have that is closer than the companionship of my husband. It is a friend I can give all of my worries and cares to. If I tried to give my cares to my husband, he would not know what to do with them and if he took them, they would weigh him down and be a burden.
At one point, Jesus told his disciples that he no longer called them his servants but he now called them friends. Their relationship changed to a more personable one. Jesus referred to them as close friends.

Scripture indicates that our relationship with God can be personable as a close friend. Jesus is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Jesus said, “If your earthly father would give good things to his children, how much more will your heavenly Father give to his friends?” Scripture bears out that there is no relationship more personable and more loving than the one we have with Jesus.

"Give all your worries and cares to God,
for He cares about you."

Father, I cast my care upon you knowing that you really do care for me. You care for me as your child and as your best friend. My friends could let me down and even my husband doesn’t have all the answers that I need. I am glad that I can say that Jesus is my best friend!

 © LoveWalkPublishing - Devotion authored by Rebecca Ann Cooley




CASTING ALL MY CARE
Devotion: My Best Friend
(Adapted from 1 Peter 5:7)
Verse:
Jesus is a friend indeed and he sticks closer than a brother to me
I don’t have to bare my burdens alone
As a matter of fact, I don’t have to bear my burdens at all
Chorus
Casting all my care on him for he cares for me
Casting all my care on him he will meet my every need
I won’t take the care of it, I lay it at his feet
Casting all my care on him for he cares for me
Bridge
And he said he no longer just calls me a servant anymore
But now he calls me his friend, He calls me his friend
© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 

No comments:

Post a Comment