Saturday, April 22, 2017

HUMILITY CONFESSION / My Knee Does Bow

This is the 6th of 6 devotions with the theme
from Galatians 5:22 and 1 Corinthians 13:4

 “The Fruit of the Spirit is Meekness (Humility)
and
"Love Is Not Proud”

This is the impartation devotion
Let's make our Humility Confession 





HUMILITY CONFESSION
by
Rebecca Ann Cooley

(Philippians 2:5-8)

I surrender to the work of humility in my life. I bring my Father joy by walking in humility. I am learning to walk in the Father’s love. Therefore I am in full accord and of one harmonious mind and intention with my Father. I am learning to agree with others, love others and esteem others as better than myself. I do not push my way to the front. I do not sweet talk my way out of responsibility. I put myself aside and I help others get ahead. I make others look good. I am not obsessed with getting my own advantage.

I am beginning to think of myself the way Jesus thought of himself. My motives are pure. My motives are not prompted by conceit or empty arrogance. I am not motivated by strife or selfishness. I esteem others above myself and look out for the interest of others. I do not take unworthy advantage of my position as a child of God. Instead I take on the status of a slave just like Jesus did. Like Jesus, I will walk in humility and be obedient to it. I redouble my efforts of walking in love and humility. I work at what will give God the most pleasure. I do everything readily and cheerfully with no power struggles or second guessing. I am a breath of fresh air in a polluted society. I am a glimpse of good living and an example of the living Good.

I bow my knee to the name of Jesus. I confess frankly and openly and acknowledging that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father. I instruct my mind to be the same as that of Jesus and humble myself and by doing so I am bowing my knee and confessing with my tongue that Jesus is Lord.

I humble myself to let offense and pride come to the surface. I allow God to complete the work of humility in me.
I keep myself in humility giving God legal right to energize and create his good pleasure and delightful desires in me.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley



MY KNEE DOES BOW
Devotion: Humility Confession
(Philippians 2:5-8)
Verse
My knee does bow 
and my tongue does confess that You are Lord
When I instruct my mind to be in one accord, 
Lord with Yours
Chorus
The same attitude of humility
the same attitude of servitude
Oh, the same attitude 
of preferring my brother and sister in Christ

© LoveWalkPublishing 
Words and Music by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment