Friday, April 21, 2017

THE DOOR OF HUMILITY / Grace

This is the 5th of 7 devotions with the theme
from Galatians 5:22 and 1 Corinthians 13:4

 “The Fruit of the Spirit is Meekness (Humility)
and
"Love Is Not Proud”


THE DOOR OF HUMILITY
by
Rebecca Cooley


(Adapted from James 4:6)
He gives us more and more grace which is the power of the Holy Spirit,
given to us to meet this evil tendency and all others fully. 
God sets himself against the proud and haughty,
but gives grace continually to the lowly -
those who are humble enough to receive it.
For years I have pondered doors.  Doors have been prophesized over me and spoken over me.  I have dreamed about doors.  I have visualized doors of prosperity and provision opening.  I have worshiped with thoughts of doors in the back of my minds.  We have had people call us and say, "God told me to tell you that doors are opening that no man can open and a door is going to open that only God can open."  One pastor told us that three doors were opening in a particular part of the country and we based moving there on that prophetic word.  We have written petitions to God about provision for doors and believing for certain doors of ministry to open.  I have had my mind on doors and pondered doors for a very long time. 
Recently I sat in a service and the pastor had us close our eyes and visualize a door in our imagination.  That was easy.  As we sat quietly, he told us to approach the door and rub our hands across it.  Then he told us to knock on the door.  We were to enter through the door in our imagination and observe what was on the other side of the door.  After a time, the pastor asked us to describe what we saw in our vision.  One lady said she saw a crowd of people and searched until she found Jesus in the crowd.  One person said that she saw herself sitting by a river that was peaceful and serene.  What I saw in my vision changed my thinking about doors forever.
I opened my door and saw a small table as in a café.  It had a linen tablecloth and it was set for two - two glasses of what looked like red wine and a small loaf of bread.  Jesus invited me to sit and dine at the small table.  As I sat, I imagined myself communing with Jesus.  I felt that he was telling me that this was the door - the door of humbleness, the door of belief and faith that I can come and sit down and talk to him and he hears and responds to me - the door to his table where everything is talked over and plans made and grace given.  When it was time to open my eyes and walk away from that right-brained experience, I felt as if Jesus was saying, "Come back anytime, this table will always be set for you and we will work out every issue and make provision for every need and set you in place for kingdom work." 
I now understand about doors.  Doors are a heart matter with God.  I walk through the door of humbleness and belief that I can commune with the Almighty and he covers all of my affairs with grace.  And His grace opens the door for the power of the Holy Spirit to move and work on my behalf.  Everything I need comes down to a matter of the heart.  There is nothing that cannot be accomplished at his table.

©LoveWalkPublishing 
Devotion authored by Rebecca Ann Cooley
 All Rights Reserved
GRACE
Devotion:  The Door of Humility
(Adapted from James 4:6)
Verse
He gives grace and more grace besides
Beauty for ashes, for sorrow He gives joy
For tears He gives laughter
Right here and now and hereafter
Chorus
He gives grace to live a holy life 
He gives grace to do what’s right
He gives grace to love my neighbor 
He gives grace when I surender
Bridge
It’s not easy to live a holy life 
And some people are hard to love
But in my weakness, I am made strong, 
The grace of God is shown
I claim it as my own

©LoveWalkPublishing 
WordsAndMusic by Kent Clifford Cooley
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment