Sunday, April 16, 2017

MARY MAGDALENE / I’m One of Those

This is the 7th of 7 devotions 
for the 7th day of “Pesach”
This devotion represents 
the Feast of First Fruits.
Jesus fulfilled this feast 
by becoming the first fruits of the dead.




(Adapted from John 20)

I didn’t sleep at all that night. It was dark when I left home. I had to go and just be close to where they had laid Him. When I arrived at the tomb and saw that the stone had been rolled away, I thought they had come and stolen His body. I ran as fast as I could to tell Peter and the others. “They have taken away the Lord and I don’t know where they have laid Him!”

Peter and the other disciple came out and they ran toward the tomb. When they arrived, Simon Peter peered inside but he did enter the tomb. He saw the linen cloths lying there on the table. The burial napkin which had been around Jesus' head was there, strangely arranged in a place by itself. The other disciple entered the tomb and came out convinced that Jesus was alive. It was as if something consumed his very soul on the inside of that tomb, yet he did not understand. No one as yet, completely understood the Scripture that He must rise from the dead. Not knowing what else to do, the two men turned and started toward home. But I stayed and stood outside the tomb. As I wept, I stooped down and looked inside. I saw two men in white. “Woman, why are you sobbing?” Almost breathless I spoke, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”

At that very moment, I turned and saw a man standing beside me. “Woman, why are you crying so? For whom are you looking?” Supposing that it was the gardener, I replied, “Sir, if you carried Him away from here, please tell me where you have put Him and I will take Him away. I will take care of him.”

Oh what a moment, when this man spoke my name, “Mary!” Suddenly I knew. It was the Messiah! My sobbing turned to overwhelming joy. “Master. . .” “Do not cling to Me, Mary, for I have not yet ascended to my Father.But go to My brothers and tell them, I am ascending to My Father and to your Father, and to My God and to your God.” I ran as fast as I could to tell the disciples.
Oh what a moment, to be the first one to see Him after He had risen! Oh what a moment to be the one to bring the good news to those who needed to hear. I have seen the Lord and I have heard His voice calling my name.He lives!


© LoveWalkPublishing
Recitation authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
AllRightsReserved



I’M ONE OF THOSE
(Adapted from John 20)
Verse 1
Sealed by the Holy Ghost until that final day
when we shall stand before His throne
I won’t be afraid;
In Him I’m righteous for He is righteous and I can say
That He won’t leave me nor forsake me,
I won’t be dismayed
Chorus
I’m one of those chose from the foundation
I’m one of those who shall come out of great tribulation
Who’ve washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb
and one that knows
That He arose, I’m glad to say that I’m one of those
Verse 2
Though trials come I shall come forth as pure as gold
I know His purpose within my life, it shall unfold
Sometimes discouraged but I’m encouraged by these words
He said that you’ve not chosen me but I have chosen you,
So now let it be heard
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved

No comments:

Post a Comment