Thursday, April 20, 2017

MENTALITY OF HUMILITY / Glory and Honor

This is the 4th of 6 devotions with the theme
from Galatians 5:22 and 1 Corinthians 13:4

 “The Fruit of the Spirit is Meekness (Humility)
and
"Love Is Not Proud” 

MENTALITY OF HUMILITY
by
Kent Clifford Cooley

(John 17:22-23; 1 Corinthians 13:4; Galatians 5:22)

“I have given to them the glory and honor that you have given me
so that they may be one even as we are one.”

If Jesus has given us the same glory and honor that the Father gave to Him, what was the process in which Jesus received this glory and honor? He received glory and honor and exaltation and dominion by developing a mentality of humility.

Let this mind be in you which also was in Christ Jesus
who humbled himself even unto the death of the cross.
Therefore, God has highly exalted him
and given him dominion and a name above all names.

We receive the same glory and honor that the father gave the son the same way the son received it, by developing a mentality of humility.

Father, I make a quality decision to practice humility at the cost of not protecting my pride that wants to impress people and protect my self esteem. Sometimes when I choose humility, people may rub it in and I may feel belittled. Even though I feel belittled, I am going to stay inside of humility and take my losses in the sight of people. I am pursuing You. I am pursuing the same mind of humility that Jesus had. I am pursuing Your way to honor and glory. This goes against human reasoning but your ways are not our ways. The same glory and honor you gave to the son the son has given to me.

Child, my glory and honor is available to you because I have prayed to our Father for it for you. It is the way to be one in unity with Me. When you walk in humility and lower expectation of yourself, the world will definitely recognize Me and sense the love of our Father.



GLORY AND HONOR
Devotion: Mentality of Humility
(John 17:22-23; 1 Corinthians 13:4; Galatians 5:22)
Verse 1
We were the sinful kind,
O Lord what did You find to attract Your love
Such mercy from above
You were the richest king
The mighty God of everything
Yet You humbled Yourself to wear a robe of flesh
Bridge
You lifted us up out of sin;
You gave us the spirit to win
Our broken hearts you kindly did mend
Then you promised to come back again
Chorus
Glory and honor,
Majesty and power belong to You O Lord
We bless Your holy name
You're evermore the same
We glorify You
Verse 2
Now we are royalty
And in eternity we will reign as kings
And priests forevermore
We wait for the heavenly prize
The glorious day when we all will rise
In Your likeness Lord,
To wear a robe of white
© LoveWalkPublishing
Words and Music by
KentCliffordCooley / Mike Shreve
Devotion by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment