Friday, December 8, 2017

TO PAY ATTENTION OR TO NOT PAY ATTENTION / LovePaysNoAttention


This is the 3rd of 3 devotions with the theme 
taken from 1 Corinthians 13:5

“Love Never Keeps A Record Of A Suffered Wrong”



TO PAY ATTENTION 
OR TO NOT PAY ATTENTION
by
Kent Clifford Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:5)

Sometimes the things that we should be ignoring are the things that we are paying attention to. And sometimes things we should be paying attention to are the things we are ignoring or showing no interest in. When gossip fills the air, ears perk up when a deaf ear should be turned. Many times children ignore the advice of their parents when this is the most important time they should be paying attention and listening intently. If a student fails to pay attention to the instructor, he will quickly fall behind. Sometimes our choices create unfavorable situations that are irreversible.

What keeps us on track, knowing what to attend to and what to ignore? And even if we know what we are supposed to pay attention to and what we are to disregard, how do we have the power to carry that out day to day and hour by hour? Our answer is found in the Word of the Living God. Only by renewing our minds daily on the truths and treasures found in the Word do we really know what choices to make. We walk in the steps of the Messiah by renewing our minds by His Word. Ask yourself, “would Love pay attention to this or would Love ignore this?” When you are grounded in the Word, you will receive power to answer this question and carry it out in your daily life.

The love chapter tells us what LOVE pays no attention to and instructs us to do the same.

“Love takes no account 
of an evil done to it,
it pays no attention to a suffered wrong.”

Father, I turn my heart toward You. I seek truth and treasure in Your Word. Thank you for the power today to make right choices because of the Word I sought out yesterday.

© LoveWalkPublishing KentCliffordCooley



 Love Pays No Attention
(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse 1:  
Sometimes we listen 
to words we should ignore 
Like negativity and words that scorn
Somebody's not forgiving 
Somebody's not forgetting 
And another scandals being born
Chorus 1: 
Love take no account 
Of an evil done to it 
No matter the amount, 
No matter how long
Others may mention 
Offenses that have been done to it
But love pays not attention 
To a suffered wrong
Verse 2:  
Sometimes we ignore 
Words we should be listening to like 
Life giving words that instruct
The father says to the son 
"listen to my words, 
They will bring life to everyone"
Bridge:  
I listen to words of good advise 
I turn a deaf ear to words that criticize 
I love my neighbor 
I build them up 
I love the Lord 
I listen to His words that instruct
Chorus 2: 
I take no account 
Of an evil done to me 
No matter the amount, 
No matter how long
Others may mention 
Offenses that have been done to me
But I pay no attention 
To a suffered wrong

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 

No comments:

Post a Comment