Sunday, January 29, 2017

THE JOY COLUMN / Count It All Joy


This is the 1st of 7 devotions with the theme
from Galatians 5:22
“The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Joy”



THE JOY COLUMN
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Hebrews 12:2 Romans 8:28 James 1:2-5)


How did Joseph put his sorrow into the joy column? Paul? How did Jesus?
How do I take sorrows out of the sorrow column and put them in the joy column?
Hebrews 12: for the joy that was set before him, he endured the cross¼

Jesus: Even before Jesus went to the cross, he took these items out of the sorrow column and put them in the joy column by looking ahead to the results. For the Joy that was before Him, He endured the cross despising the shame.

During his last meal with the disciples, Jesus sang a song “This is the day that the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it!” By doing so he was putting all that he would suffer into the joy column.

Joseph: When he told his brothers, “What you meant for evil, God meant it for good.” Joseph told his brothers to take all these items out of the sorrow column and put them into the joy column. Joseph told them to take the item of selling him into slavery out of the sorrow column and put it in the joy column.

Joseph forgave his brothers. So forgiveness was the means by which he took items out of the sorrow column and put them into the joy column.

Confession and Prayer:
I consider the encounters of trials and temptations of any sort in my life to be stepping stones to joy. These trials and temptations are processing the proving of my faith and bringing out endurance and steadfastness and patience in me. I will allow endurance and steadfastness and patience to have full play in my life and do a thorough work in me. I am determined to be a person who is fully developed spiritually with no defects and lacking in nothing. I step over all hardships and struggles to JOY!

Father, I see offenses and sorrows differently now. My reactions to offense, inside of love, become my bridge to joy!

Thank you for recording the events of peoples’ lives in Scripture who stayed inside of love and turned their sorrows into joy. They are an example to me to pattern my life after. Thank you for the ultimate example of Your Son.

I accept Jesus as my Lord
and
He is my bridge to JOY!
I accept the work you are doing in me now.
I step over to JOY now in Jesus Name!

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley




COUNT IT ALL JOY
(Adapted from Romans 8:28 James 1:2-5)
Verse:
Count It All Joy, Count It All Joy,
Count It All Joy, Count It All Joy
Chorus:
All Things work together for the good
To those who love the Lord
And to the called according to His purposes . . .

© LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley






No comments:

Post a Comment