Sunday, December 24, 2017

CHERISH THE MOMENT / Simeon

This is the 3rd and 4th parts of a 4 part series
entitled
"The First Steps Of The Messiah"
telling the stories of
Simeon And Anna


SIMEON
Song: Cherish the Moment
(Adapted from Luke 2:22-39; Phil. 2:10; Isaiah 45:2, 18; 54:5; 55:12; 59:20)
Today was not like other days. Simeon knew when he awoke that he was to go to the temple. This was not his regular day to go but he felt drawn there this morning. Something had been stirring in him lately. As he readied himself to leave he may have been thinking . . .
“I love you Father.
You are the Lord and there is no one else!
You are the one who created the heavens!
You are the one who formed the earth and made it!
You did not call my descendants to seek you for nothing!
You promised us a reward!
I know we are one day closer to the Consolation of Israel!
I know a Redeemer is coming!
He will turn my people from their transgressions!
Oh, see the travail of my soul Father!
Send the Righteous One to take away the guilt of my people!
He will make the crooked places straight!
Even the mountains and the hills are breaking forth now into singing!
All the trees of the field are clapping their hands!
I know the Messiah is coming!
The Holy One of Israel is coming!”
Simeon went to the temple anticipating meeting with God there. Immediately upon entering the gates his eyes felt upon a family of three. He looked at the baby in the mother’s arms and he knew this was the One for whom he had prayed. Simeon approached the mother with open arms. Mary must have felt the power of the Holy Spirit on this man because she placed her infant son in his hands.
Did she sense that this humble man had paved the way
for the conception and the birth of the Messiah?
Simeon held the baby and praised and thanked God for this holy moment in time.
“Sovereign Lord,
You can now release your servant to depart this world.
As you have promised,
I have seen your salvation with my own eyes!
Now it is out in the open for all to see!
He is the Light to reveal You to the nations!
And He is the glory and honor of your people Israel!”


Turning to Mary, Simeon blessed her and said,
“Behold, this Child is appointed and destined
for the fall of many in Israel.
But He will be a joy to many others.
He will be a sanctuary, a sacred and indestructible asylum
to those who reverently fear and trust God.
He is a figure who will be misunderstood and contradicted.
He will be a Stone of stumbling and a Rock of offense to both houses of Israel.
He will be a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
He has been sent as a sign from God but many will oppose him.
As a result the deepest thoughts of many hearts will be revealed.
You, Mary, will feel the pain of this like a sword piercing your own soul.
But know that secret thoughts and purposes of many hearts will be disclosed.”
Could he have looked into Mary’s eyes and said this before he left that day?
“It will be worth it Mary.
The pain will be worth it all because
He is the Gift of Salvation for the entire world!
At His Name
every knee will bow
in heaven and on earth
and even under the earth!
And Mary, every tongue is going to confess
that Yashuah the Messiah,
this baby you hold in your arms,
is Lord
for the glory of God the Father!”
Father, I pray for Simeons to rise up in this day. I ask You for men and women who will stand in righteousness and integrity before You as Simeons of their time. I ask for men, women and children who will walk out love and not be ashamed. Filter Simeons throughout this earth who will stand for what is right and good and tell people that the Messiah has come and that He is coming again! Anoint me with the mantle of Simeon and allow me to be a part of your plan to defeat the enemy and usher in the glorious second coming of the Messiah!
© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion / Recitation authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Right Reserved
ANNA
Song: Cherish the Moment
(Adapted from Luke 2:22-39)
Anna awakens earlier this morning, just before dawn. There is an unusual stirring in her spirit, an anticipation that she has never felt before. As she lay in bed her thoughts scan her 110 years. She thinks about her marriage so many years ago and the death of her husband. She remembers coming to this temple 84 years ago. . . .
“Eighty four years! My, how God has time in His hands! All these years I have lived in this temple and fasted and prayed and it seems not like a lifetime at all! I must get to the temple this morning. I must get before the Lord and see what this stirring in my spirit is . . .”
In the temple Anna finds her favorite spot where she spends much of her time in prayer and worship. But today is different. Anna is watching the people as they come and go. She is more aware of the people entering the temple today. . . .
“Oh, there is Simeon! I love it when Simeon comes to the temple. I believe I will go over and speak to him this morning. . . .”
As Anna moves toward Simeon, a family enters the temple doors and Simeon is drawn to them. Anna slows her steps and watches as this holy moment unfolds.
“Oh, my, my, my . . . You are the holy family from God. You are the ones I have been expecting all these years. May I hold the holy baby?”
Simeon takes the baby in his arms, holds him up to God and says, “Sovereign Lord you are now releasing me to depart this world in peace. As you have promised, with my own eyes I have seen your salvation which you have prepared for all people! He is a light to reveal You to the nations, and He is the glory and honor of your people Israel!”
Anna could not contain herself any longer. She ran to Simeon praising and worshiping God. She bowed before the baby and thanked God for allowing her to spend her life praying for this moment.”
“It is the Messiah! I have seen the Messiah! It is the Holy Child! He is the hope of Israel! He is the one for whom I have fasted! I cherish this moment today.”
Father, Anna walked in love for an entire lifetime. You used her love walk in Your strategy to give the Messiah to the world. As I walk out my life in love, would you use me in your divine plan to usher Him in again?
© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion / Recitation authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Right Reserved
CHERISH THE MOMENT
Devotions: Anna
(Adapted from Luke 2:22-39)
Chorus
Cherish the moment, O what a moment, one for which I’ve waited and I’ve prayed
Cherish the moment, O what a moment, one for which I’ve waited and I’ve prayed
Verse
Yesterday’s gone
And we don’t have the promise of tomorrow, tomorrow
But I have this moment, yes, I have this moment
I cherish this moment today
Ending
I’ve seen the Messiah
I’ve seen the Messiah
The Hope of Israel, the Hope of Israel, the Hope of Israel
I cherish this moment today
© LoveWalkPublishing
Words&Music by KentCliffordCooley
All Right Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment