Thursday, December 28, 2017

DENIAL VERSUS REPENTANCE / I Come To You (A Tribute to Billy Graham)

This is the 1st of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:6
"Love Rejoices When Truth Prevails”




DENIAL VERSUS REPENTANCE
by
Kent Clifford Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:61; Peter 5:5; Psalms 51:17)

The great hymn, “Just as I Am” has been the mark of every alter call of every Billy Graham Crusade. The only way we can come to Him is just as we are. That is the way we came to Him when we first received salvation and that is the way we must come to Him to receive forgiveness if we sin as believers.

It was easier to admit that we sinned when we were sinners. However, believers can sometimes get into denial because of pride. When we do this we are limiting God because the scripture says,

"God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble."

Scripture gives us precise instruction on how to receive grace from God:

1. We must get out of (pride based) denial;
2. We must humble ourselves before God; and
3. We must get inside of faith and believe that we have received forgiveness.

Father, I do not know my own heart but You do. You know me better than I know myself. I am an open book before You. I submit every page to You as I come before You again, just as I am.

© LoveWalkPublishing KentCliffordCooley




I COME TO YOU

Verse 1:
You resist the proud but give grace to the humble
A meek and a contrite heart,
Oh God, You will not despise
Chorus:
I come to You just as I am,
With no pretenses, here I stand
Before You now, I humbly bow
I come to You the only way that I can
I come to You just as I am
Bridge:
Just as I am without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me
And that Thou bids me come to Thee
Oh Lamb of God, I come
© LoveWalkMusic Words and Music by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment