Saturday, December 23, 2017

ELIZABETH / DESTINY

This is the second of 4 recitations by Rebecca
And 4 songs by Kent
that focus on the birth of Jesus.
We entitle this 4 part series
"The First Steps Of The Messiah"
This week we are featuring the second of this 4 part series
the story of Elizabeth



ELIZABETH
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Luke 1:39-45)

“For with God nothing is impossible!” The words of the angel resonated over and over in Mary’s mind as she readied herself to go to Elizabeth’s home in Judah.
Several times in Scripture, it refers to Mary as having “pondered in her heart.” I wonder what her heart was thinking when she was on her way to Judah?
“I must see Elizabeth! Elizabeth is pregnant! What a wonderful gift and miracle from God! This all fits together somehow. I feel such an urgency to get to her. . . .”

When Elizabeth opens the door and Mary salutes her, Elizabeth’s baby leaps inside of her womb! Elizabeth is overcome by the Holy Spirit and cries out! She exclaims,
“Mary, you are blessed above all women! And blessed is the fruit of your womb! 

What an honor that the mother of my Lord would come to see me! As soon as your salutation reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy! And Mary, you are so favored of God because you believe what has been spoken to you by the Lord!”
Mary’s visit lasted three months. Do you think God used this time to bond these two mothers and their babies? Do you think God revealed hidden secrets and mysteries to these two mothers? Do you think He gave them revelation of His purpose? The destinies of these two babies were divinely set in time and eternity even in the womb. Could God have given these two mothers insight into the magnitude of what had taken place? Many prophetic words were probably spoken. Dreams and visions must have been talked about and pondered over. Scripture must have been read and revelation revealed. Could their parting words have been something like this?

“I will pray for you Mary. God will watch over His seed. You hold God’s promise inside of you. Don’t be anxious for nothing. God will provide all that you need.”
“I will pray for you Elizabeth. Our babies are destined for greatness. God knows His plans for us all. God has a reason for your baby to be born first. God’s perfect will is his destiny. He will be a forerunner and a trailblaizer for God’s purposes.”

Father, I was born to worship You. Your perfect will and plan is my destiny and I will accomplish that destiny as I put you first in my life and worship You. You are my whole world! You are my life! You hold my future in Your hands! I want to be a trailblaizer for the Kingdom of God!
©LoveWalkPublishing
Recitation authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Right Reserved



DESTINY
(Adapted from Luke 1:39-45)
Verse 1:
I know my plans for you
Plans to prosper you
Plans to give you hope
Plans to give you a future
I know my plans for you
Chorus:
My destiny
Your plans for me
The reason I was born
Your perfect will
Your plans they are my destiny
Your plans for me
The reason I was born
Your perfect will
Your plans they are my destiny
Verse 2:
I live each moment out
With one other moment in mind
When I stand before You
To hear you say
Well done my good and faithful servant
Enter into the joys of your Lord
Bridge:
Like Paul of old
At the end of the way
I too would like to say
I fought a good fight
I kept the faith
A crown of life awaits
©LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
All Right Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment