Wednesday, December 27, 2017

WALK THE WALK / Path Of Righteousness

This is the 5th of 5 devotions with the theme from 
1 Corinthians 13:6
“Love Does Not Rejoice At Unrighteousness,
Love Rejoices When Right  Prevails”



WALK THE WALK
by 
Rebecca Cooley 

(Deuteronomy 28; Joshua 1:8; 1Corinthians 13:6; 1 John 3:22)

“And it shall come to pass,
if thou shalt hearken diligently 
unto the voice of the Lord thy God,
to observe and to do all his commandments w
which I command thee this day,
that the Lord thy God will set thee on high 
above all nations of the earth.
And all these blessings shall come on thee, 
and overtake thee,
if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.”

Two key words in this scripture are hearken and diligently. The Hebrew meaning of hearken is to hear intelligently. It also means to be obedient and to declare. The Hebrew meaning of diligently is wholly, completely, far, fast, and louder and louder. To paraphrase this scripture using the Hebrew translations of these two words:

It shall come to pass, 
if you shall hear intelligently, be obedient to,
declare wholly, completely, far, fast, louder and louder what God has said,
to observe and to do all His commandments,
then all these blessings will come upon you and overtake you.

God told Joshua the same thing:

Just declare what I have said. Hear it intelligently;
begin to declare it wholly, completely, far, fast, louder and louder!

If I adjust my walk with God to these two scriptures, I will correct wrong thinking and wrong motives and begin to receive blessings. I must walk the walk and talk the talk. If I speak the Word out of my mouth and negate the words of the enemy from my mind and lips, I will be on the path of righteousness and blessings will begin to process in my life.

Walking the path of righteousness begins with receiving the Word of God and allowing it to take root in my heart and then speaking it out of my mouth. Then my feet will follow the path of righteousness.

Father, I do love you and I desire to walk the path of righteousness. I know that path begins in my heart and leads to my words and then my feet will automatically follow. I choose to listen with my heart, allow the Word to take root in me, speak the Word with my mouth and walk the path of righteousness.

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley
This is the impartation devotion.

This is the impartation devotion.  Let's agree together now for impartation.
Father as we are being rooted and grounded in love, we cloth our selves with your love and with your very righteousness.
Our faith says that we are the righteousness of God in Christ and our deeds testify of our faith.
We walk out our faith and claim it as our own.
In Jesus name.


PATH OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Devotion: Walk the Walk
(1 Corinthians 13:6; John 14:15; 1 John 1:7-9; Psalm 23:3)
Verse 1: If you love the Lord you will keep His commandments
If you love the Lord you will do what’s right in His sight
If you love the Lord
Verse 2: If I love the Lord you will keep His commandments
If I love the Lord you will do what’s right in His sight
If I love the Lord
Verse 3: If we love the Lord you will keep His commandments
If we love the Lord you will do what’s right in His sight
If we love the Lord
Chorus: You lead us in a path of righteousness . . .
© LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment