Thursday, November 30, 2017

JESUS HEALS A SON / LoveSpeaksLife

This is the 5th of 6 devotions with the theme of
“Divine Healing”



JESUS HEALS A SON
by
Rebecca Cooley

Adapted from John 4:43-54)

Jesus returns to Cana where He had turned water to wine. The people eagerly greet Him, not because of who He is but because they were impressed with what they had seen. They really do not have a clue about who He really is or what he is up to. A very prominent man, a royal official, approaches needing something from Jesus. “Jesus, Jesus! I beg you, come and heal my son! My son is at the point of death!” “Will you not believe in me unless you see signs and miracles?” “Sir, do come down at once before my child dies!” “Go back home. Your son will live.”

The man trusts Jesus’ words, turns and heads toward home. At the exact same time, his servant starts toward Cana. He has news his master needs to hear. . . “Your son lives!” “What time did his fever break!” “Yesterday about 1:00 in the afternoon!”

The father knew that Love had spoken life over his son. The words of Jesus may have come back to his mind and his thoughts may have been . . .“That man’s very words gave life to my son! I have received a miracle but it feels more profound than a miracle. I feel a depth of love that I have never felt. He healed my son because He is Love! I have been in the presence of the Messiah!”

Signs and miracles will pass away. I could see a miracle today and it fade from my memory tomorrow. I have experienced God moving and changing a situation. I have seen miracles. But I can’t name them. I have forgotten most of them. But I do not forget Love’s life giving words over me! I put my faith and trust in Jesus because of love. Love does not fade away. Faith comes from love. Faith is not dependent on signs. Faith depends on love. Love speaks life everywhere it goes.

Lord, Your Word speaks life over me. I embrace the love that flows from Your life words. My faith is based on my relationship with you, not what you can do for me. I am connected to Life and Love today. I will speak life giving words to everyone I meet today because I am the recipient of Your Love and life giving words!
© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley



LOVE SPEAKS LIFE
(Adapted from John 4:43-54)
Verse:
Go in peace, your son will live, 
the man put his trust in what Love said
Go in peace, your son will live, 
the man put his trust in what Love said
Chorus 1:
Love speaks life everywhere love goes
Love speaks life to everyone love knows
Love speaks life to everyone love meets
Love speaks life to everyone love greets
Love speaks life, Love speaks life, 
Love speaks life
Chorus 2:
Life giving words, everywhere I go
Life giving words, to everyone I know
Life giving words, to everyone I meet
Life giving words, to everyone I greet
Love speaks life, Love speaks life, 
Love speaks life
© LoveWalkPublishing WordAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment