Thursday, November 30, 2017

A BLIND MAN / Expressions Of His Love


This is the 4th of 6 devotions with the theme of

"Divine Healing"



A BLIND MAN
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 9:1-7)

Jesus and his disciples were walking along and they noticed a blind man on the side of the way. The disciples asked him, “Rabbi who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?”

“It was not that this man or his parents sinned, but he was born blind in order that the workings of God should be manifested in him.”

Jesus then spat on the ground and made mud with his saliva and spread the mud over the man’s eyes. “Go wash in the Pool of Siloam.”

The man went to the pool and washed and received his sight.

What do you need from God today? Are you facing a sickness that has paralyzed you or blinded you? Do you know someone with challenges in their body that human knowledge and medical wisdom has not been able to touch?

This blind man received his sight as a praise to God. It was an opportunity for God to be glorified. Our physical challenges are opportunities for God to be glorified through His Son.

God doesn’t want to be begged. God wants to extend grace to us. And He wants to express His love to us. Our healing is a praise to God. When we put that into perspective, we are walking in the expression of God’s love. It is the love walk of the Messiah to heal us.

Father, I take John 9:3 as a kingdom principal in my life. When I need healing, the first words I will speak upon awakening in the morning, will be,

“My healing is a praise to You!
I praise You by being healed in my body.
Your healing power is working in me now.
By Your stripes I am healed!”

© LoveWalkPublishing Devotion by RebeccaAnnCooley




EXPRESSIONS OF HIS LOVE
(Adapted from John 9:1-7)

Verse 1:

Old blind beggar
Go and wash thy eyes
The pool of Siloam
Victory lies
You know I guess
He was glad that day
When Jesus passed his way
The Lord said, go and tell no one
Of the things that I have done
It’s just something I can do
To express my love to you

Chorus:

An expression of His love
He bore a rugged tree
An expression of His love
He died for you and me
Rose again, ascended away
Said I’m coming back someday
And He sends healing from above
An expression of His love

Verse 2:

Five thousand, they were there that day
To learn of Jesus and His ways
You know I guess that they all knew
What this Jesus love can do
Oh just five little loaves of bread
O what a multitude He fed
They said Jesus be our king
That wasn’t the reason why
He did all those things

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment