Monday, November 27, 2017

CHECK LIST FOR HEALING / Like The Morning

This is the 1st in a series of 6 devotions with the theme of
“Divine Healing”


CHECK  LIST FOR HEALING
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Isaiah 58)

There is a connection between forgiveness and healing. We know that God is sovereign and his thoughts are superior to any reasoning that we may have about healing. In other words, God can heal whom He pleases, when He pleases. But are there sometimes conditions to healing? We all know people who are healed that do not seem to meet any criteria whatsoever. And we also know those who seem to have the faith to believe and yet fall short of a complete healing.

When I am in need of the healing power of God to transform the cells in my body and cause them to be aware of the blood of Jesus and respond to the authority of the cross and there seems to be something hindering that process, I can go to Isaiah 58. This Scripture serves as a check list for healing:

  • Free those who are wrongly imprisoned
  • Don't overwork and underpay those who work for you
  • Let the oppressed go free
  • Break every enslaving yoke and remove the chains that bind people
  • Share your food with the hungry
  • Provide shelter for the homeless
  • Give clothes to those who need them
  • Do not hide yourself from relatives who need your help
  • Stop pointing the finger of blame at others
  • Help those people who are in trouble



Isaiah said if I meet these criteria, restoration will come. If I can get my mind off of me and concern myself with this list, my light will break forth like the morning. My wounds will heal quickly and I will be led forward with the glory of God as my rear guard. The Lord will quickly answer my call and restore my strength.

It is important to understand that we do not earn healing by checking off these things. Jesus did pay a precious price for our healing. But there is a cycle of grace. We do not have faith because we have works but we have works as a result of faith. It is important that we extend to other the same grace which we have received. The forgiveness we have received is unmerited and we extend unmerited forgiveness to others and the cycle of grace continues. We receive from God and we give to others. Isaiah’s checklist helps us continue the cycle of grace.

Father, I continue in the cycle of Your grace. I make a decision today to pay attention to the checklist in Isaiah. And I thank you for the benefits of making your agenda my own.


LIKE THE MORNING
(Adapted from Isaiah 58)
Verse
Loose the bonds of wickedness
Undo the bands of the yoke
Let the oppressed go free
Break every enslaving yoke
Divide your bread with the hungry
Bring the homeless poor into your house
When you see the naked, cover them,
Hide not yourselves from your needy relatives
Chorus
Then your light break forth like the morning, like the morning
Then your healing, your restoration shall spring forth speedily
Bridge
Your justice and right standing with God 
Shall go before you,
Shall go before you
Conducting you to peace and prosperity
And the glory of the Lord 
Shall be your rear guard


© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment