Friday, July 7, 2017

EXCEPT FOR THE BLOOD / Past, Present & Future

This is the 4th of 6 devotions 
with the theme from 1 Peter 5:7
“Casting Care”





EXCEPT FOR THE BLOOD
by
Kent Clifford Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 6:11; 13:6; Romans 6:14; 1 John 1:9)

You may have heard the catch phase,

"If the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future."

Another great catch phrase is,

"My PAST is under the blood, my PRESENT is on the altar and my FUTURE is in God's hands."

The psychology of the world teaches that there can be no disconnection from our past faults and failures. Alcoholics Anonymous teaches that the alcoholic will always be a recovering alcoholic. That would be true if it were not for the blood of Jesus. Because of the blood, and only by the blood, is there a disconnection of sin.
According to Romans 6:14, because of the blood, sin shall no longer have dominion over me.
According to 1 John 1:9, because of the blood, I am forgiven and cleansed from all my iniquities.
And according to 1 Corinthians 6:11, because of the blood, I am washed, sanctified and justified.
I confess my sins to the One who is faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. And I cast all of my care upon the One who cares for me. Thank you, Father that I am free and care free!





PAST, PRESENT And FUTURE
(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:6; 1 John 1:9; 1 Peter 5:7)
Verse:
My past
(past is under the blood)
My present
(present is on the alter)
My future is in God's hands
(My future is in, my future is in God's hands)
(Repeat)

Chorus:
I'm confessing
(confessing all of my sins)
All of my sins
(confessing all of my sins)
To the one
(to the one who is)
Who is faithful to forgive
(faithful to forgive)
And I'm casting
(casting all of my care)
All of my care
(casting all of my care)
On the one
(one who cares for me)
Who cares for me
(one who cares for me)

© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment