Monday, May 15, 2017

THE PLUMB LINE OF LOVE / GodIsLove (LoveIsNotInsistent)

This is the 2nd of 7 devotions and music videos
with the theme from 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Does Not Insist on It's Own Rights"



THE PLUMB LINE OF LOVE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:5; Matthew 5:41-44)

Love holds accountable, but in the process, love requires us not to be insistent and demanding of our own way or our own rights, refusing to yield.  God’s love in us is not self-seeking.  It is not touchy or fretful or resentful and it pays no attention to a suffered wrong.  When life happens, it provides us with opportunities to walk in love.

We had been soaking in teaching on love constantly for months and an opportunity to insist on my own rights came up.  We had a verbal agreement with a landlord to do some improvements on her house and deduct the materials from the rent.  She reneged on her agreement and insisted on the full month’s rent.  I went over our agreement and then decided to bless her with the materials and the labor on the improvements.   Shortly after that we moved and blessed her with the full month’s rent instead of pro-rating the amount we owed.  The next house we moved into was completely rent free.  God blessed us with the nicest home we had ever lived in and we did not have to pay rent!  Instead of insisting on our rights, we turned it around and sowed the money in love.  We sowed rent money and reaped rent money immediately!  God is faithful to His Word and to His kingdom principles.

Father, where do I draw the line of holding accountable and not being insistent on my rights?  I want to walk in love but I don’t think I should be walked on.

Child of mine, do not resist the evil man who injures you.  If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn your other cheek to him also.   And if anyone wants to sue you and take what you have, let him and give them more besides.  And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.  If someone keeps begging you for something, give it to them.  You have heard it said to love your neighbor and hate your enemy. I am telling you to love your enemies and pray for those who treat you wrongly.  There is no line.  The plumb line is love.  If you will line every action, every thought and every motive on the plumb line of love, you will release my blessings in your life.  That is a kingdom principle that I will not renege on.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley



GOD IS LOVE (LOVE IS NOT INSISTENT)

Devotion: Love is Not Insistent

(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:5; Matthew 5:41-44; 1 John 4:16)

Verse:                        

Love does not insist on its own rights; Love does insist on its own way

Love is not self seeking; Love seeks not its own; I prefer my brother rather than myself
Chorus:
God is love; God is love
He who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God
And God dwells and continues in him
God is love; God is love
I dwell and continue in love and I dwell and continue in God
And God dwells and continues in me; God is love; God is love; God is love

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 


No comments:

Post a Comment