Saturday, May 20, 2017

RADICAL LOVE, RADICAL RESULTS / Turn, Turn, Turn

This is the 6th of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
Love Does Not Insist On It's Own Rights


RADICAL LOVE, RADICAL RESULTS 
by
Kent and Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Matthew 5)



The Sermon on the Mount was all about giving up rights.  He told the crowd that the poor were blessed when they realized their need for God.  He told them that the humble would inherit the whole earth, not the bold ones.  He told them that those who hungered for right living would be satisfied, not those who took it by force.  He told them that if they were merciful, they would receive mercy and those whose hearts were pure would feel and see God.  He called them blessed with life joy and God’s favor regardless of their outward conditions!



Jesus kept reminding the people that what the law said was not what God wanted.  Jesus told them over and over to renounce their own rights and take on the unassuming nature of love. 

"You have heard that it was said, 
An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. 
But I say to you,
 Do not resist the evil man who injures you;
but if anyone strikes you on the right jaw or cheek, 
turn to him the other one too.
And if anyone wants to sue you 
and take your shirt, 
let him have your coat also!"

Jesus clearly spoke about not insisting on your own rights with others.  When we release our rights with others, we are radically practicing the love walk.  We are loving radically and completely.

Lord, I want you to accomplish drastic things in my life.  I want you to be able to heal the sick through me.  I want you to run devils away by the radical love that abides inside of me.  I want radical power in these last days and I am willing to practice radical love to get radical results! 


  © LoveWalkPublishing 

Devotion Authored by KentAndRebeccaCooley


Click here to view today's music video on youtube


TURN, TURN, TURN
Devotion: Radical Love, Radical Results
(Adapted from 1 John 4:10; Matthew 5:48-48)

Chorus:
You loved us, turn, turn, turn
We love You, turn, turn, turn
We love our neighbor with the same love 
Whereby You loved us
Bridge 1:
No wonder You said bless those that curse you
No wonder You said do good to those that hate you
Lord, I love You because You first loved me
My neighbor loves me because I first loved them, 
Turn, turn, turn
Bridge 2:
No wonder You said 
Pray for those who despitefully use you
No wonder You said 
Pray for those who persecute you
Lord, I love You because You first loved me
My neighbor loves me because I first loved them, 
Turn, turn, turn



  © LoveWalkMusic 

WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment