Sunday, May 14, 2017

LOVE'S INSTRUCTIONS / Debt of Love

This is the first of seven
devotions and music videos with the theme
from 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Does Not Insist On It's Own Rights"


LOVE'S INSTRUCTIONS
by
Kent Cooley

(Adapted from Romans 13:8; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

When someone does me wrong, selfishness shouts, “They owe me an apology!”  But love whispers, “Do not insist on your own rights.  Do good to those who despitefully use you.”  Love instructs me to say “I am the debtor.  I owe every man, including the one who does me wrong, a debt of love.”  Paul stated in the book of Romans,

“Owe no man anything, except to love one another.”

When someone slaps me on the right cheek I owe them the debt of love to turn my other cheek.  When someone asks me to go one mile, I owe them a debt of love to go two.  This concept Jesus taught at the Sermon on the Mount gives practical instruction that as life happens to us, always take action on the side of love.  Our choices to walk it out in love determine whether the windows of heaven will open to us or not.

Father, I examine my life and see where I have fallen short of love’s instructions.  I repent and realign myself with love, so that I may not react to someone else’s actions. With Your help I will respond to every action inside of Your love.  Let Your love flow through me today to everyone I meet.  Help me to look beyond their faults and see their need.  May they see the manifestation of Your love expressed through me today.

“My child, I paid the greatest debt of love on the cross for every man.  I am love.  When you walk in love, you walk in Me, and I am moved and motivated to love through you.”


DEBT OF LOVE
Devotion: Love’s Instructions
(Adapted from Romans 12:17-18, 21; 13:8, Matthew 5; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse 1
Owe no man anything accept to love him
Owe no one anything accept to show them the grace of God
Chorus
Debt of love I owe, Debt of love I’ll pay
When someone does me wrong that’s ok
I’ll pay them back according to the debt of love I owe,
According to the debt of love I owe, according to the debt of love I owe.
Bridge
Don’t return evil for evil, overcome evil with good
Turn the other cheek, go the extra mile
That’s what love says to do.

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley Devotion by KentCliffordCooley


No comments:

Post a Comment