Saturday, May 20, 2017

A MILITARY PERSPECTIVE / I Yield To Thee

This is the 7th of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
Love Does Not Insist On It's Own Rights


A MILITARY PERSPECTIVE
by
Kent and Rebecca Cooley

 (Adapted from 1 Corinthians 6:20; 13:5; Ephesians 6:20)


When one joins the military, one relinquishes his rights as a civilian and pledges himself as a member of the highest authority in the land.  During the period of his enlistment, this person becomes the possession of the United States government.  No longer is this individual allowed to go where he wants to go and do what he wants to do at his own discretion.  If he were to leave the military before his enlistment expires, he would be declared AWAL and would be arrested and tried before a court.  One must make a quality decision before signing the line that places him in covenant with the government for military service to be loyal and submissive.  And just as the enlisted individual will put his life on the line for his country, the US government will guard and protect this individual as its own. 

The Apostle Paul declared himself to be a bond servant in the same sense – the property of Jesus Christ:

"For which I am an ambassador in bonds:
that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

When we give our lives to Christ, we are no longer our own.  We are bought with a price, purchased by the blood and we become the possession of Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 6:20) We make a quality decision to follow Christ and we go where He wants us to go, we do what He wants us to do and say what He wants us to say, many times denying ourselves the right to do as we please.

When we become an ambassador to the bonds of Love, we do not insist on our own rights any longer.  We lay down our lives in honor of love.  In return we get the authority of the Word of Almighty God and along with that comes protection, all provision, hope and trust. 

Lord, I have made a quality decision to follow you.  I gladly live my life as an ambassador in bonds.  I don't want my own way.  You have bought me and redeemed me and I relinquish all ties to anything except for your bonds of love.  As I place my hand and my heart I pledge allegiance to You in the bond of Love.

© LoveWalkPublishing 
Devotion Authored by KentAndRebeccaCooley 





I YIELD TO THEE

(Adapted from Luke 14:35; 1 Timothy 2:8; 
Ephesians 6:20; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse 1
As we humbly lift up hands, 
You make them holy
As we think on heavenly things, 
We come to know Thee
As we come to the altar, 
A sacrifice we will be
You will fill our hungry hearts 
With brand new songs to sing
Chorus
I yield to Thee / I yield to Thee
Here’s my life 
Let me be what You’d have me to be
Here’s my cup, fill it up 
I yield to Thee
Verse 2
Recite: As we come, Lord, this will be 
The prayer that we pray
“Give us ears to listen 
For what the Spirit has to say,
Lord, I don’t want to just ask permission 
For my own way but instead
Sing:    Let me have submission to be led.”

© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 

No comments:

Post a Comment