Wednesday, April 26, 2017

WORD FENCES / FaithWords

This is the 3rd of 5 devotions with the theme
from Galatians 5:22 

 “The Fruit of the Spirit is 
Temperance / Self Control


WORD FENCES
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Proverbs 18:4, 20; 19:14; Galatians 5:22)

Words are the most powerful force on earth.  Words are even more powerful than the speed of light because words created light.  Words brought everything into existence and words determine life or death.  The words that come out of our mouths set up paths for ourselves and for others to follow.  Our words guide our destinies and shape our future.  Our words contain energy that is either life or death.

“Wise words satisfy like a good meal
and the consequence of our words must be satisfied
whether they are good or evil.”

Just as we build fences around our mind to keep worldly thinking out, we build fences around our words and keep wrong and destructive words out.  We build fences with wisdom to keep out wrong words contained in lies, arguments, insults, slander, gossip, rumors, flattery and bragging.  The enemy comes to the fence of our heart with death words.  His goal is not so much to hurt the person the words are directed to, but his intention is to destroy the one who speak the words of death.  When he comes, we raise up a standard against him and move him away from our fence. 

“Wise words are like deep waters;
they are plenteous and difficult to fathom,
and the fountain of skillful and godly wisdom is like a gushing stream.
It flows from the wise like a bubbling brook
that is sparkling, fresh, pure, and life-giving.”

Wise people speak life giving words.  Wise people recognize the enemy at their fence and stop him before he tears it down.  Wise people build up and reinforce their fences daily.  Wise people help others recognize the enemy at their fence. 

Father, I want the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be acceptable to you.  You are my Rock and my Redeemer and you are the reason my fence is strong.  I employ Wisdom today to guard my word fences and keep the enemy out.  And Father, I ask you to make me a fence mender for others.  I want my words to be represented by Wisdom. 

© LoveWalkPublishing 
Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved







FAITH WORDS
Devotion:  Word Fences
(Adapted from Proverbs 18:4, 20; 19:14)
Verse 1
I’m going onward, 
I’m going forward, 
I’m going upward with faith words
Chorus
All I’m gonna speak is faith words, 
I’m not gonna speak unbelieving words 
(Repeat)
Bridge
Doubt, fear and unbelief, 
They don’t belong to me 
They belong to the fearful
Doubt, fear and unbelief, 
They don’t belong to me 
They belong to the unbelieving

© LoveWalkMusic 
WordAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 
All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment