Friday, April 28, 2017

LOVE'S OPPORTUNITIES / Lord, I Want To Be Like You

This is the 4th of 5 devotions with the theme
from Galatians 5:22 

 “The Fruit of the Spirit is 
Temperance / Self Control



LOVE'S OPPORTUNITIES
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 John 4)

When life happens take advantage of the opportunity to develop the love of God. Every single thing that happens in life can be turned into an opportunity to practice love. But we must prepare ourselves ahead of time and not be taken by surprise. Be prepared to practice love under pressure.
When preparation meets opportunity we are going to have success. Every single day we will be given an opportunity to practice love. Situations will arise to test our love. Our meekness will be tested. Our temperance and patience will be tested. And the other aspects of what love is will be tested.
The next time I see a test I will use the test to build my character. If I practice anger, I will develop anger. If I practice kindness, I will develop kindness. And what I develop is what is going to surface under pressure. For instance, if I practice anger on inanimate objects, I will develop anger that will surface under pressure. If I practice having a temper, a temper will be right on the surface all the time. As soon as I realize that I have violated love I am learning to realign myself with love through apology and repentance.
Lord, prepare me for opportunities to develop your character of love. I am wising up to the enemy’s tactics to get me outside of love. By Your love, I am prepared to meet anything in life that happens. I am ready to turn every aspect of life into an opportunity to love.
© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved



LORD I WANT TO BE MORE LIKE YOU
( Adapted from 1 John 4; Galatians 5:22)
Verse:
Lord I want to be like You,
Lord I want to be like You
Pre-Chorus
You are love, You are joy ,
You are peace. Longsuffering,
Gentleness, Goodness,
Faithfulness, Meekness,
You are Temperance,
Lord, I want to be like You
Chorus:
So I practice the fruit of the spirit
On purpose when life happens to me . . .
© LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment