Tuesday, April 25, 2017

MIND FENCES / Building Fences

This is the 2nd of 5 devotions with the theme

from Galatians 5:22 
 “The Fruit of the Spirit is 
Temperance / Self Control


MIND FENCES
by
Rebecca Cooley
  
(Adapted from Isaiah 26:2-4; Galatians 5:22)

I believe everyone will agree that the world is out of control.  Life is more complicated than ever before.  People are defeated, desperately hurting, and in deception.  The family is under siege by an enemy that is determined to have our children.  To say that we must pray, seek God and hold on to what is ours and rescue those who have abandoned the faith is an understatement.  But in our busy world, how do we do this?  Do we just tie a knot and hold on? 

We do not tie a knot and hang on!  Instead of tying a knot, we build fences – mind fences.

“We are surrounded by the walls of God’s salvation. 
The Lord sets up salvation as walls and barricades.
He will guard him and keep him in perfect 
and constant peace
whose mind is stayed on Him.”

  Our minds are constantly and actively thinking about something.  From our to-do list to rehearsing problems and failures to presumptuous thoughts about what has not even happened yet, our minds are busy.  In this day, God needs his people to build fences around His salvation.  We do this by re-programing our minds with God’s truth, with praise and with prayer.  We hide the principles of God’s Word in our hearts to be called up in a time of need.   We guard our fences by not allowing the things of the world to come in and tear down what salvation has built.

Father, I begin the process of rebuilding broken fences of my mind.  I lay aside things that tear down the fences.  I abandon Godless things that take my time and energy away from You and what You need for me to do.  I am determined to renew my mind every morning by your Word and reinforce my fences and rebuild my fences.

©LoveWalkPublishing 
Authored by RebeccaCooley




BUILDING FENCES
Devotion:  Mind Fences
(Adapted from Philippians 4:8;  2 Corinthians 10:5;  Psalms 101:3; Galatians 5:22)
Verse
Whatsoever things are true, 
Whatsoever things are honest, 
Whatsoever things are just, 
Whatsoever things are pure, 
Whatsoever things are lovely, 
Whatsoever things are of good report; 
And if there be any virtue, 
And if there be any praise, 
Think upon these things, 
Think upon these things,
Think upon these things 
Chorus
We are building fences, 
Putting up defenses; 
We are building fences 
Around our minds
In every situation 
We’re casting down imagination, 
Bringing every thought 
Into obedience to Christ
Bridge
I’m careful, what I allow 
Through the eye gate, 
I’m careful what I allow 
Through the ear gate
I will set no evil thing 
Before my eyes; 
I’ll allow no wicked thing to enter my ears

©LoveWalkMusic 
WordAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment