Saturday, April 29, 2017

OFFENSE & DEFENSE / Overcome


This is the 5th of 5 devotions with the theme
from Galatians 5:22 

 “The Fruit of the Spirit is 
Temperance / Self Control



OFFENSE & DEFENSE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Revelation 12:11)

I don’t know a lot about football but I do know that there is an offense side and a defense side and that the offense moves toward the defense and the defense has to stop them from moving forward. A believer’s life is similar to the football field. However, we play both positions and so does the enemy.

“They have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb 

and by the word of their testimony.
And they did not love their lives so much 
that they were afraid to die.”


Our offense and our defense strategy are very clear in Scripture. We take a stand and hold our ground in the position of defense when the enemy comes against us offensively. We stand and defend our territory by the blood of the Lamb and the words of our testimony. We storm his territory in the offense position with the same authority – the blood of the Lamb and the words of our testimony.

The blood of the Lamb is our authority, our power and our ability to defeat the enemy whether it be in an offense position or a defense position. When that authority is truly exercised by the believer who is in right standing with God, the enemy has to retreat. He has no other choice. The words of our testimony, I believe, are the words that God puts in us that shape and cultivate our lives. The words of our testimony might be like getting into a huddle with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and getting the game plan!

Father, as I am in this game called life, you are my coach. You are my Redeemer, my Rescuer and my Savior. I give you permission to guide me, train me, discipline me and prepare me. You are my Hope, the reason that I live.
© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley





OVERCOME
Devotion: Offense And Defense
(Adapted from Revelation 11:12)
Verse
Don’t let yourself be overcome by evil
But overcome evil with good
You are forgiven, so forgive
You are loved, so love your neighbor
Chorus
Overcome by the blood of the Lamb
Overcome by the word of your testimony
Overcome by the blood of the Lamb
In this world you will have tribulation (temptation)
Don’t be afraid
Don’t you be dismayed
Jesus has overcome the world
Bridge
He who overcomes will be robed in white
He who overcomes his name will be in the book of life
He who overcomes
God will make him a pillar in the sanctuary
He will write his name upon him
He will be part of the New Jerusalem
 © LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment