Thursday, March 16, 2017

LOVE MOTIVATES FAITH / Faith Works by Love

This is the forth of seven devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
"The Fruit of the Spirit is Faith"

LOVE MOTIVATES FAITH
by
Kent Cooley


(Adapted from Matthew 8:6-10; 1 John 4:16)



Today: 
Lord, increase my faith!  Child, increase your love.
When I sin I connect myself to sin and to death.  All sin is basically a violation of love.  Jesus broke down the Ten Commandments into two and said, If you keep these two you will not break the others because, if you love your neighbor as yourself, you will do no ill to your neighbor.  If I am rude, I am connecting myself to hate and I am disconnecting myself from love and therefore from God.  John plainly says that if I hate my brother, I am in darkness and cannot see the light.  Those are strong words.  Faith works by love when we act on love.  When we chose love as reaction to life happening to us we are connecting ourselves to the love of God and to light.  Our faith works!  Our prayers are no longer hindered by that which is not love such as un-forgiveness. 

2000 years ago: 
Lord, my servant boy is lying at my house paralyzed and in intense pain.  I will come and restore him.  Lord, I am not worthy for You to come to my home.  Just speak the word from where You are and my servant will be healed.  Jesus marveled and said to those who were following Him, I tell you truly, I have not found so much faith as this with anyone, even in Israel. 

Faith works by love.  

Lord, this centurion was moved by love for his servant boy.  He was motivated by love to see the boy restored to health.  He believed that Your words sent to the boy would heal and restore him.  Lord, how can I say I believe if I am not motivated by love?  Forgive me for believing and declaring my faith without making love  my top priority.  I understand that love is the basis of my faith and love motivates my faith.  Lord, You are so faithful to minister truth to me.  I love You and I allow You to lay a foundation of love in me so that my faith will move mountains.
© LoveWalkPublishing 
Authored by KentCliffordCooley



FAITH WORKS BY LOVE
(Adapted from Matthew 8:6-10; 1 John 4:16)

I said, Lord, increase my faith
He said, Child, increase your love
Love is patient
Love is kind
Love is not easily provoked
Dwell and continue in love
Dwell and continue in Me
And I’ll dwell and continue in you
Faith works by love (repeat 2 times)

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment