Wednesday, March 15, 2017

DOUBT, FEAR, UNBELIEF & THOMAS / Thomas


This is the third of seven devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
"The Fruit of the Spirit is Faith"



DOUBT, FEAR, UNBELIEF & THOMAS
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 20:24-31)
I was not with the other disciples when they saw Jesus for the first time after His death. I was hiding because I was afraid they would come after me. Fear kept me from believing that they could have seen Him. I could not wrap my faith around it. It seemed so impossible. “Unless I see in His hands the marks made by the nails and put my finger into the nail prints, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe it.” Those very words spoken from my mouth hindered me from believing.

It happened eight days later. He walked right through the wall! He came into that room and stood there. It seemed like He was looking right through me when He said, “Peace to you!” Instantly, the fear left me. I reached out and touched Him and all I could do was whisper, “My Lord and my God!”

His voice and His eyes were so personable. Love radiated from His very presence as He spoke, “Because you have seen Me, Thomas, do you now believe and have faith? Blessed are those who have never seen Me and yet believe and trust Me.”

Lord, I trust You. I rely on You. I cleave to Your words. You are the Anointed One, the Son of the Living God. You are life and love and hope. You are eternal. I put my trust in You.

© LoveWalkPublishing
RebeccaAnnCooley
AllRightsReseved


THOMAS

Devotion: Thomas
(Adapted from John 20:24-31)
Verse
Thomas, Thomas, I just came by for you to see
Thomas, Thomas, 
Come and see My nail pierced hands
Come and see my wounded side
Don’t be faithless or unbelieving but believe
Chorus
Blessed are those who have not seen 
Yet they believe; Trust, rely on Me
Blessed are those who have not seen 
Yet they believe; Trust and they rely on Me
Bridge
My Lord and my God Thomas cried
My Lord and my God when he saw the Risen Christ
My Lord and my God
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReseved

No comments:

Post a Comment