Thursday, March 16, 2017

LAZARUS / I Believe

This is the fifth of seven devotions and music videos 

with the theme from Galatians 5:22 

"The Fruit of the Spirit is Faith"



LAZARUS
by Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 11:1-44)

Lazarus was sick.  His sisters, Mary and Martha, were right by his side, attending to his every need.  The Scriptures do not record the events of the day Lazarus died.  Perhaps their last conversation was something like this:

“Lazarus, we have sent for the Lord.  He will come.  When He gets here, the Master will touch you and you will get well.  We believe He is from God.  He will heal you.”

“Yes, Martha, I believe He can heal me.  I am so weak.  I believe He will come.  But Mary, Martha, if he doesn’t come, I still believe. . . .”

Lazarus died. 

Mary and Martha believed that Jesus is the Messiah.  They had seen Him heal the sick.  They had seen His miracles.  They know in whom they have believed.  What they don’t know is that their faith is about to be deepened.  The Messiah is about to pull a clarity out of their faith that will shake the little village of Bethany and beyond.

When Jesus finally arrived in Bethany, Lazarus had been in the tomb for four days.  Mary ran out to meet Him as he entered the village.  “Master, if you have been here, my brother would not have died.”

“Your brother will rise again.”

“I know that he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.”

“Mary, I am the Resurrection and the Life.  Whoever believes in me will live, even after dying.  Everyone who believes in me will never die. Do you believe this Mary?”

“Yes, Lord.  I have always believed that you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

“Where have you put him?”

“Lord, come and see.”

When they arrived at the tomb, Jesus said, “Roll the stone away.”

“But Lord, he has been dead for four days.  The smell will be terrible!”

“I told you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?  Lazarus, come forth!”
Lazarus walked out of the tomb, his hands and feet bound in grave clothes.

“Unwrap him and let him go!”

As Mary and Martha recovered from the awe of the moment, maybe they ran to Lazarus, pulled off his grave clothes, touched him, patted him, squeezed him, kissed him, hugged him and said, “Lazarus, you are alive!  Look at you!  You are not dead!  You were dead!  Now you are here!  It is you!  You walked out of that tomb!  We love you Lazarus!”

Holding onto his sisters, maybe Lazarus looked over right into the eyes of the Messiah and said, “I told you girls that I believe.”

Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God and I believe that You can raise the dead, heal the sick, open the eyes of the blind or anything else You choose to do.  I relinquish all doubt and unbelief that You will do these things in these days.  As You walked through the faith of Lazarus and his sisters, walk on the wings of my faith, Lord, and cause people to see Your glory in these days.  I believe You are the Resurrection and the Life.  I believe, Lord.”
© LoveWalkPublishing
Recitation authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved





I BELIEVE
(Adapted from John 11:1-44)
Verse:
Many believed on him that day
Because of the words they heard him say
Never a man spake like this man (3X)
How can he do these signs
These wonder working miracles unless
God is with him

Chorus:
I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe Thou art the Christ, 
The Messiah, The Son of the Living God

© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment