Sunday, February 19, 2017

TWO CORNERSTONES OF LOVE / Let Mercy

This is the 1st of 7 devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
and 1 Corinthians 13:4
"Love Is Kind”
And
“The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Gentleness"


TWO CORNERSTONES OF LOVE
by 
Rebecca Cooley
(Proverbs 3:3-4 1 Corinthians 13:4, Galatians 5:22)




The two cornerstones of love are patience and kindness. These two qualities are the cornerstones of every other fruit of the Spirit. Love makes you kind and love makes you want to have patience. Patience avoids problems and issues. Kindness creates blessings. Kindness steps over the problem or the issue and creates a blessing instead.

We are instructed in Proverbs 3:4 to let kindness and truth not leave us for any reason. It actually tells us to bind kindness around our neck. This same scripture describes kindness as a way to find favor with people and with God! Kind people find favor with God! I don't know about you, but I need favor with God. So when I work on my love walk and I treat people with kindness, God takes notice. He gives me favor for my effort!
How can I be patient and kind today?

1. Give people permission to be human. Give people more time than they deserve to correct a wrong.
2. Name impatience every time it is displayed in your life. Impatience is little spurts of anger and it
flows out of our own selfishness.
3. Be gentle and tender with people. Speak truth in love and make it as easy to hear as possible.
4. Meet the needs of someone else every chance you get. Kindness is displayed in helpfulness.
5. Be agreeable. Instead of being obstinate, reluctant, or stubborn, be flexible and cooperative.


Kindness inspires you to be agreeable.


Father, I bind truth and kindness around my neck today. I will not let kindness leave me today. Thank you for turning things around for me and giving me your favor as I make this a priority. Patience and kindness are taking root in me. I am learning to avoid issues that are selfish on my part and I am learning to create blessings with kindness everywhere I go. You are the love of my life and every act of kindness I display flows from our love relationship. Your love inspires me to be kind and patient.
© LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved



LET MERCY
(Proverbs 3:3-4)
Chorus
Let mercy and kindness and truth not forsake you (repeat)
Verse
Bind them about your neck
Write them upon the tables of your heart
Bridge
So shall you find favor
So shall you find good understanding
So shall you find high esteem
In the sight of God and in the sight of man

WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment