Thursday, February 23, 2017

LOVE RICOCHETS / LoveRicochets

This is the 5th of 7 devotions with the theme of
"Love Is Kind”
and
“The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Gentleness"


(Galatians 5:22, 1 Cor 13:4; 1 Peter 3:8;)

I went in to McDonalds for a cup of coffee and to sit down with a piece of cake just before going to work one morning. I had just enough change to pay for a cup of coffee. I noticed that the cashier was very busy but she was very awake (it was early) and very kind to every one of her customers. She spoke respectfully and courteous to everyone. When it was my turn, I laid my piece of cake on the counter and ordered my coffee. She asked me about the cake and I told her it was the last piece of my birthday cake. She lit up and said, "Happy Birthday!" Then she did the kindest thing. She did not charge me for my coffee! Now, any other day that may not have been such a great blessing but on this day it was, because I could save my change for a snack later that day. Her courteousness and kindness made an impression on me. As I drove away, I asked the Lord to return kindness and goodness to her today. I prayed for her health and her safety. Even hours later, I still remembered her kindness and it made my heart feel good.

God keeps a record of these little acts of kindness like this and he makes them ricochet off of people. Because I had received respect and kindness from the McDonald 's cashier, I felt good and spoke a little more vibrant as I entered work. Her kindness ricocheted off of me and affected people at my office that she did not even meet that day!

These are the types of things that will matter in eternity. These are the type of things that make jewels in our crowns.

“Love each other with a kind heart and with a mind that has no pride.”

Father, it is a joy to feel kindness and then give it away. Ricochet love off of me all day long! I love to make people feel good and I love it when people make me feel good. It is you, Lord from where that comes. Thank you for developing kindness in me.
© LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by Rebecca Cooley




LOVE RICOCHETS
(Galatians 5:22, 1 Cor 13:4 1 Peter 3:8)
Chorus:
Love ricochets off of me, off of you, off of them
All I can say, love ricochets
Off of me, off of you, off of them
All I can say, love ricochets
Verse:
One act of kindness goes a real long ways
One act of mercy can last for days and days
One little smile can brighten a whole room
Going the extra mile can drive away all gloom
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley




No comments:

Post a Comment