Thursday, February 23, 2017

FULLY CLOTHED WITH LOVE / Clothe Yourselves

This is the 6th of 7 devotions with the theme 
from 1 Corinthians 13:4 and Galatians 5:22
"Love Is Kind”
and
“The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Gentleness"

FULLY CLOTHED WITH LOVE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(2 Timothy 4:2; Colossians 3:11-14; 1 Corinthians 13:4; Galatians 5:22)
I once sat in a church service and listened to the uncompromised Word of God as it was preached. I observed that the Word was not being received by the people. I don’t believe there was a lack of receptivity because of rebellion but rather because the presentation of the Word lacked virtues of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience and love. It was not the message that grieved me, personally but it was the lack of love covering the delivery of that message that caused me to be uncomfortable. This same minister also had a constant backlash of conflict with people and groups. It was not his message that was offensive but the lack of love that caused hearts to not be receptive. Compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience are all attributes of love. I am learning that I must not ever deliver a strong word to the body of Christ or to an individual unless I have clothed myself with all of these attributes of love. Paul mentored the young minister, Timothy concerning this:
Preach the word; be instant in season and out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.

He also addressed the Colossians . . .

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances
you may have against one another.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Father, since You have expressed compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience toward me, The least I can do is extend all of those qualities of love to others. I am loved and I fully clothe myself with love today.


© LoveWalkPublishing 
Devotion authored by Rebecca Ann Cooley



CLOTHE YOURSELVES
Fully Clothed With Love
(2 Timothy 4:2; Colossians 3:11-14; 1 Corinthians 13:4; Galatians 5:22)
Verse
Bear with each other
Forgive whatever grievances you have
Against one another.
Forgive even as you’ve been forgiven.
Chorus
Therefore, as God’s chosen people,
Holy, dearly beloved,
Clothe yourselves with compassion and kindness,
Humility, gentleness, patience and love
Bridge
And over all these virtues put on love, put on love
Which binds them all together;
Working together in perfect unity
© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by Kent Clifford Cooley


No comments:

Post a Comment