Thursday, February 2, 2017

JOY, THE FINAL RESULT OF LOVE / Joy

This is the 5th of 7 devotions with the theme from Galatians 5:22
“The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Joy”


JOY, THE FINAL RESULT OF LOVE
by 
Rebecca Cooley

John 16:20-22; Galatians 5:22
I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that you shall weep and grieve, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful but your sorrow will be turned into joy. A woman, when she gives birth to a child, has grief (anguish, agony) because her time has come. But when she has delivered the child, she no longer remembers her pain (trouble, anguish) because she is so glad that a child has been born into the world. So for the present you are also in sorrow (in distress and depressed) but I will see you again and then your hearts will rejoice, and no one can take from you your joy (gladness, delight).
When Jesus was crucified, the world was glad. They mocked Him. They spat upon Him. Jesus looked beyond their hate and saw their need. He laid down His life for those very individuals. Hebrews 12:2 reveals that “For the joy that was before Him, He endured the cross despising the shame”.
Father I take off offense and I put on love. I confess today that I love with the same kind of love that you expressed when you laid down your life for the very ones who mocked You. Through Your eyes of love, I see past all of the small stuff. Through Your eyes of love, I see each individual as one for whom Christ died. I know that the final result of this kind of love will be a joy that no one can take away from me. It is only in practicing Your love that I ever realize Your joy which is unspeakable and full of glory.
©LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley





JOY
Devotion: Joy, The Final Result of Love
(John 16:20-22; Galatians 5:22)
Verse:
You have loved righteousness
You have hated lawlessness
Therefore God, even your God has anointed you
With the oil of gladness
With the oil of exalted joy
With the oil of gladness above your companions
Chorus:
Joy, joy, joy, joy
Well, it’s joy unspeakable and full of glory (repeat)
The world didn’t give it and the world can’t take it away



©LoveWalkMusic WordAndMusic By KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment