Monday, February 13, 2017

GOT PATIENCE? / Love Is Patient

This is the first of six devotions 
Galatians 5:22 And 1 Corinthians 13:4
TheFruitOfTheSpiritIsPatience
And
LoveIsPatient

GOT PATIENCE?
by 
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:4; Gal. 5:22; Luke 8:5-15)

Impatience violates love. Whatever is not undergirded by love has no value. You have to slow down and even stop to love. Patience is not skipping over any detail of the process of God cultivating the soil of our heart to receive the seed of the Word. The seed has to be planted and cultivated to bring increase.

Father, I make my heart pliable and moist with Your Word today. Make my heart flexible and workable in your hands today. I will not allow the enemy to carry away the seed of Your Word because I have withdrawn from You in a time of trial or temptation. I will not allow the anxieties and cares of life to choke and suffocate the seed of Your Word. I will allow my fruit to ripen and come to maturity and perfection! I will walk in love and confess Your Word over my life today.

My heart is good soil. My heart hears the Word and receives it gratefully. My heart embraces and clings to the Word. My heart is moist and holds the Word firm. My heart is noble and virtuous and worthy. My heart is gracious and genuine toward people today. My heart brings forth every fruit of the Spirit with patience today.
© LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved




LOVE IS PATIENT
(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:4; Gal. 5:22; Luke 8:5-15)
Verse 1:
You can be impatient in a hurry
You can disregard in a rush
You can be rude as you’re runnin’
But you have to slow down, even stop to love
Chorus 1
Love is patient; Love is patient
The fruit of the Spirit is patience
Love is patient
Verse 2
You can give to much information
You can go on and on and on
No one else can get a word in edgewise
But you have to slow down and listen to Love
Chorus 2
Love listens; Love is not proud
The fruit of the spirit is Long suffering
Ending
Long long long long long suffering . . .
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment