Monday, February 13, 2017

A DIVINE APPOINTMENT / Interruptions


This is the second of seven devotions
with the theme
"Love Is Patient"
And
"The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Long-suffering Patience"




A DIVINE APPOINTMENT
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 1:38-39)

Let’s go to the Jordan River near Bethany:
John the Baptist is standing with two of his disciples, Andrew and another man. John sees Jesus in the distant and he says, “Look! There is the Lamb of God!” The two men left John and started walking after Jesus.

Jesus was aware that the two men were following him. He turned to them and said,

“What are you looking for? What is it that you need?”

They answered, “Teacher, where are you staying?”
Jesus said, “Come and see.”

These two men went home with Jesus, stayed all day and probably spent the night.

This scene describes a servant’s heart. Jesus walked in love by not having his own agenda. He was not in a hurry. He slowed down and took time for these two men and it ended up being a divine appointment. Some people may think that Jesus knew that these men were supposed to be his disciples and were expecting them to approach him that day. Maybe, maybe not. Could it have been an interruption in his day and ended up being a divine appointment that connected him with his first team members? What if he had been in a hurry and brushed these men off?

Jesus took time to love by slowing down and taking time for these two men. God had a plan and was able to work his purpose out because Jesus was not in a hurry. It probably didn’t take long for Jesus to sense what God was doing and soon knew that these two men were special. Do you think he was glad that he took the time to love these men?
Lord, I have a servant’s heart. I pattern my life after my Savior’s. Today I will walk slowly and look for divine appointments. You may interrupt my day! I will look at people today and say,

“What can I do for you? What do you need?”

Lord, my attitude today is not what can I get done for You or what can I get done for me. My attitude today is

I will slow down and take the time to love.

© LoveWalkPublishing 
Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved






INTERRUPTIONS
(Adapted from John 1:38-39)
Verse:
Interruptions may be divine appointments
You see
Be a servant and say
What can I do for you today?
Chorus:
Walk it out
Walk it out
Walk it out
In love
© LoveWalkPublishing 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 

No comments:

Post a Comment