Monday, January 2, 2017

UNFEIGNED LOVE / He Loves Me

This is the second of seven devotions
with the theme
"God's Love for Us"


UNFEIGNED LOVE 
(Adapted from 2 Corinthians 6:6-7)

During my teenage years, there was a mother figure in my life, a very influential lady. Years later, I heard that she had gone through a divorce and her life had taken some wrong turns because of some misguided decisions. I visited her and I remember thanking her for the good influence she had been on my young life. I remember saying, “I just wanted you to know that I love you the same now as before.”

Paul calls this unfeigned love. Unfeigned love is unconditional love. It is love unaffected by anything. This is the kind of love that Jesus has for us. His love is unaffected by anything we do. His love is unconditional.

Lord, thank You for Your unconditional love. Thank you that when I mess up, You still love me and Your love calls me to repentance and restoration. Lord, I want to express this kind of love to others. Forgive me for judging. Forgive me for criticizing. Forgive me for putting conditions on my love. I embrace the fullness of Your love today and I will walk in it.

© LoveWalkPublishing authored by KentCliffordCooley



HE LOVES ME
Devotion: Unfeigned Love
(Adapted from 2 Corinthians 6:6-7)
Verse 1:
Why did He go to Calvary?
Why was His life’s blood shed for me?
Why did He suffer as no man had ever done?
There’s just one reason, I am the one.
Chorus:
He loves me, He loves me, Jesus loves me (repeat)
Verse 2:
When I am sad He loves me
There have even been times when I have been bad
But He still loved me
And when it seems like there is not a friend around who cares for me
That’s when I get down on my prayer bones
And I have a talk with Jesus
I find out that He still loves me


© Word And Music by George Webster (Arrangement by KentCooley)

No comments:

Post a Comment