Wednesday, September 14, 2016

THE WOMAN @ THE WELL / Love Speaks Valuable Truths

This is the 5th of 7 devotions with the theme from 
1 Corinthians 13:6
“Love Rejoices When Truth Prevails”


(Adapted from John 4:16-26)
“Sir, give me some of this water so that I may never get thirsty again or have to come to this well to draw water again!”

The rest of the conversation between the woman at the well and Jesus was all about truth. It was about the truth of her life, the truth about her purpose in life and the truth of the signs of the times.

“Go and get your husband and come back.”

“I have no husband.”

“You have spoken truth. You have had five husbands and the man you are now living with is not your husband.”

“Sir, I see that you are a prophet. Our forefathers worshiped on this mountain but you Jews say that Jerusalem is the place where it is proper to worship.”

“Believe me, dear woman the time is coming when it will no longer matter where you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. The time is coming when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

“I know the Messiah is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything.”

“I am the Messiah!”

Love speaks valuable truths into the lives of everyone that love comes in contact with. Jesus took time to direct this woman to truth. He cared about her enough to confront her with truth. He took time to show her truth that would save her. Truth corrected her. And truth gave her purpose to live.

Lord, look into my heart like you did this woman at the well. Correct me with truth. Realign my life with truth. Challenge me with truth. I worship You. I worship You in spirit and in the reality of the times. I choose You now. I choose to worship You here in this world and in eternity to come. It is my purpose in life to worship You.

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved




LOVE SPEAKS VALUABLE TRUTHS
Devotion: The Woman at the Well
(Adapted from John 4:16-26 Part 2)
Love sees a soul; this is one for whom Christ died
Love values them; Love speaks valuable truths in their lives

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment