Sunday, September 11, 2016

THE GOOD LIFE / Walk the Walk

This is the 2nd of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:6
"Love Rejoices When Truth Prevails”



(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:6; 2 Corinthians 10:5; Psalms 23:3; 119:105; Colossians 3:2)

The holy life is the good life.  A sinful life is based on deception and dishonesty.  A life that is concentrated to God is a life based on genuineness and truth.  Every violation of one of God's commandments is a violation of love and opposes truth.  The root of every violation of love and truth begins in our mind.  That is why the Word instructs us concerning our mind. 

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing 
that exalteth itself against the knowledge of the truth, 
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

Jesus said, "I am the truth."  If we follow Jesus and embrace this truth, He will lead us on a path of what is good and right in God's sight.  He will lead us to God's best for us.  Sin deceives a person and tries to diminish the truth.  Unconfessed sin removes a person from the path of righteousness.  That is why we must always line up our thoughts with the truth of the Word.  We read the Word, recognize wrong thinking and cast it out of our minds.  As we do this, we are bringing our thoughts into the obedience of Christ.  

Father, I relinquish the reins of my life and give them to You.  My instruction will not be based on the vain philosophies of man but rather on Your Word.  You will not lead me into temptation but you will deliver me from evil.  Your Word is truth and it is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  Jesus, You are my shepherd.  You are the truth and I submit to your leading me on a path of righteousness.  I receive everything you have for me, as I follow Your lead.   

© LoveWalkPublishing
KentCliffordCooley






I WALK THE WALK
(Adapted from Psalms 23:3; Colossians 3:2; Psalms 23:3; 119:105)
Verse 1: 
He leads me on a path of righteousness 
He leads me on a path to His very best
Chorus:  
I walk the walk and I talk the talk 
I set my mind upon the things above
I walk the walk and I talk the talk 
I sing a new song unto the Lord
Bridge:  
And though I walk through valleys low, 
I know I will not stay
His word is a lamp to my feet, 
A light to my pathway





© LoveWalkMusic
Words and Music by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment