Thursday, September 15, 2016

Speaking The Truth In Love / The Spirit Of Truth

This is the 6th of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:6
"Love Rejoices When Truth Prevails”


(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:4-6; John 16:13; 2 Timothy 4:2; Galatians 5:22-23)

When I am on my way to have what I know may be a major confrontation with the potential of accusations and strife, I will pray for the Spirit of Truth. It is amazing how that prayer, on the way, changes the tone of the meeting.

"But when He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all the Truth."

I also am aware in such a confrontation that the love of God is not a passive, let's-just-get-along, sweep-it under-the-rug kind of love. The scripture instructs us to

Preach the word; be instant in season, and out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

If I am afraid that I might lose a friendship if I speak the truth, than I am inside of fear and selfishness. The love of God in me is willing to risk the loss of a friendship in order to lead someone to what is best for them and to what is good and right in God's sight.

When we pray for the Spirit of Truth to come on a confrontation we know that when the Spirit of Truth comes, all of the fruit of the Spirit will be manifested, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness and goodness, faith and meekness and temperance. Love is not so much what we are confronting as it is how we are confronting. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-6 pretty much covers it.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

My Confession: The love of God abides in me and causes me to be humble enough to receive correction and bold enough to correct and to do so with all longsuffering and with the truths of God's Word.
© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaCooley



THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH
Devotion: Speaking the Truth in Love
(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:4-6; John 16:13; 2 Timothy 4:2; Galatians 5:22-23)
Verse:
When we confront, when we are confronted we will pray for the Spirit of Truth
The Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit / We will pray for the Spirit of Truth
Chorus:
We bind our minds to the Spirit of truth / We bind our hearts to the Spirit of truth
We are motivated by The Spirit of Truth
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit is the Spirit of Truth
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit is the Spirit of Truth
Bridge:
Lord drive deception far from me / I'll embrace the truth / I'll embrace the truth
I'll embrace the truth / I embrace the truth

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment