Wednesday, November 15, 2017

THE SCOPE OF FORGIVENESS / Forgive

This is the 5th in a series of 6 devotions 
with the theme
“Forgiveness”



THE SCOPE OF FORGIVENESS
by
Rebecca Cooley 

(Adapted from Mark 11:25)

Have you ever considered the scope of forgiveness? Forgiveness is a process of releasing someone or something from your disapproval. This process involves letting go and dropping offenses and removing them from the mind and heart. We usually think of exercising forgiveness by great measures. Many people had to forgive the investor in New York who invested their money illegally. Divorcing couples must forgive each other even in the mist of ending their marriage. Even a child must work through the process of forgiveness when he has been violated. Certainly all of these issues have to be carried to the Cross and covered with grace to process forgiveness.

Daily offenses must also be carried to the Cross. A dozen offenses could come up in one day to require me to forgive that are just as critical to my wellbeing as the major offenses stated above. The man who hurries to the door in front of me at Walmart and doesn’t hold the door needs to be forgiven. The person who disagrees with me or embarrasses me in front of people must be forgiven. I forgive the person who jumps in a parking space before me and I prefer them.

We also must consider that there are times when we need to forgive ourselves for taking offense when there was no real wrongdoing against us. This would involve keeping quiet and not speaking anything. If someone does something that I do not approve of, I forgive by not voicing my opinion or dislike. By my silence, my spirit is instructing my flesh to behave and forgive!

Father, I want to move mountains. I want my prayers answered and my requests granted. I want your power working and moving in my life. This morning I receive the revelation that forgiveness is the easiest and fastest way to receiving your grace and power in my life. Thank you for the grace today to forgive.
© LoveWalkPublishing devotion 
authored by RebeccaAnnCooley


FORGIVE

(Adapted from Mark 11:25)
Verse:
Have you been wronged?
Do you feel violated
Have you been wronged?
Do you feel agitated
Forgive, forgive
Chorus:
I forgive, I stand forgiven,
I forgive I stand forgiven
Ending:
The windows of heaven are open
The windows of heaven are open
© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment