Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A TWO FOLD COVENANT / Our Forgiveness Covenant

This is the 3rd of 6 devotions 
with the theme of
“Forgiveness”


A TWO FOLD COVENANT
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Mark 11:25-26; Philippians 2:12)

The Word says to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. How much thought do we give to working out our salvation and understanding that we have received a complete full pardon from God? Let’s look at the forgiveness covenant revealed in the Word of God. There are two parts to this covenant – receiving forgiveness and extending forgiveness. One is not complete without the other and is probably what God means when He says to work it out with fear and trembling.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us 
from all unrighteousness.
And whenever you stand praying, 
if you have anything against anyone, 
forgive him and let it drop
(leave it and let it go) in order that your Father who is in heaven
may also forgive you your own failings and shortcomings and let them drop.

Therefore, work out, cultivate, 
carry out to the goal, 
and fully complete your own salvation
with reverence and awe and trembling with serious caution, 
tenderness of conscience,
watchfulness against temptation, 
timidly shrinking from 
whatever might be offensive.

Perhaps these scriptures suggest to search our hearts for un-forgiveness that might try to take root. As I think about this, I tremble at the thought of keeping un-forgiveness in my heart for even a day. If we take God’s Word literally, and believe he means what he says, forgiving others is a very serious issue. We must actively forgive on a daily basis and sometimes many times a day.

Father, search my heart and reveal any un-forgiveness that you see. Give my conscience a tenderness that responds quickly to your correction. Thank you for your mercy that gives me the gift of salvation. I extend forgiveness now to those who need it from me. Thank you for watching over my heart. I dismantle that which is offensive. I forgive. I am forgiven.

© LoveWalkPublishing Devotion Authored by Rebecca Cooley



OUR FORGIVENESS COVENANT
(Adapted from Mark 11:25-26; Philippians 2:12)
Verse 1
This is our forgiveness covenant,
If we confess our sins,
You are faithful to forgive us
And to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
This is our forgiveness covenant
Verse 2
This is our forgiveness covenant
When I stand praying
If I have anything against anyone
I forgive them and let it go
This is our forgiveness covenant
Chorus 1
I stand clean before You Lord;
I confess my sins,
You are faithful to forgive me
And to cleanse me from all unrighteousness;
I stand clean as I engage in our forgiveness covenant
Chorus 2
I stand clean before You Lord ;
When I stand praying,
If I have anything against anyone,
I forgive them and let it go
I stand clean before You Lord
As I engage in our forgiveness covenant


© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment