Monday, August 21, 2017

LOVE IS THOUGHTFUL / Your Thoughts

This is the 2nd of 6 devotions with the theme from 
1 Corinthians 13:7

“Love Is Ever Ready To Believe The Best Of Everyone”

LOVE IS THOUGHTFUL
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Psalm 139:17-18; 1 Corinthians 13:7)

“How precious are your thoughts to me! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.”

Love is not an idol giddy mindless emotion.
Love thinks. Loving thoughts precede loving actions. When we keep our thoughts inside of love our actions follow suit. God thinks good thoughts about us. We should think good thoughts about people. If someone jumps in the parking space just before you turn in, think good thoughts about them by preferring that they have it. If someone speaks rudely to you, don’t allow their pride to appeal to your pride. Stay inside of humility. Make your thoughts search deeper than their words and love them. Intercede concerning their needs. Shift your thoughts from the words they are saying to the needs of their heart. Then reply to their rudeness with kindness.

On the other hand, when we think the worse of someone and when we allow negative thoughts to occupy our minds, we open the door for the enemy. The enemy thrives on negative and harmful thoughts and plants untruths and wrong thinking in our minds. This quickly takes root in a heart and eventually it comes out in actions toward that person.

Love builds bridges through the constructive combination of patience, kindness and selflessness. Love is thoughtful. Love gives careful, reasoned thinking with heedful anticipation of the needs and wants of others. Love thinks things through even on the spur of the moment.

Father, I am becoming a thoughtful person because love is making me think. I am becoming careful to be considerate of the needs and wants of others. Thank you for working and moving in my life. Thank you for demonstrating love to me and rooting me in love so that I can pass it on to others. I refuse to open doors for the enemy to occupy my thoughts and use me to hurt others. I resist the enemy's thoughts and I embrace your thoughts toward me, Lord. Your thoughts are love and my thoughts are love too.

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley



YOUR THOUGHTS 
(Adapted from Psalm 139:17-18; 1 Corinthians 13:7)
How precious are Your thoughts to me,
How vast are the sum of them
If I should count them they would out number the sand
How precious are your thoughts to me


© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusicbyKentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment