Thursday, August 24, 2017

DIVINE PURPOSE / Love Attributes Value

This is the 4th of 6 devotions with the theme from 1 Corinthians 13:7
“Love Is Ever Ready To Believe The Best Of Everyone”



DIVINE PURPOSE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 1:40-47)

Let’s go again to the place near the Jordan River where John the Baptist had been baptizing:

Andrew had just spent the day and probably spent the night with Jesus. He runs home to find his brother, Simon. He finds Simon and tells him, “We have found the Messiah!” They hurry to Jesus. Upon meeting Simon, Jesus looked intently into his eyes and said,

“You are Simon, the son of John
but you will be called Peter!
You are a stone!”

Jesus affirmed Andrew’s brother, “You are a rock. You are solid. You will not be moved. People will stand on you. You are strong! You are part of God’s purpose!” Jesus told Peter what was inside of him. He pulled out something of value that was inside of Peter. He spoke life over Peter. He affirmed him.

The next day they all went to Galilee. Jesus found Philip and affirmed him. And Philip took off to find his friend Nathanael. Nathanael’s reaction was a bit different. When Philip told Nathanael that they had discovered the Messiah and he was Joseph’s son from Nazareth, Nathanael’s reply was, “Nazareth! Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” As Philip and Nathanael approached Jesus, Jesus said,

“Now here is a genuine son of Israel, a man of complete integrity!”

Nathanael had deemed little value on Jesus when he heard that Jesus was from Nazareth. Jesus probably sensed that attitude when he met Nathanael and purposefully spoke value over Nathanael.

Love attributes value to everyone that love meets. Love builds up. Love makes eye contact. Love listens. Love believes the best in everyone. Love affirms. Love looks for divine purpose in everyone. Love prophesies.

Lord, I repent for feeling superior to others. I repent for thinking myself as better than someone else. Forgive me for not placing value on everyone I meet or see or read about. YOU pull something good out of every single person! I take on that attitude today! I walk in love and I attribute value to every person I meet and every person I think about today! The love inside of me builds up people. The love inside of me believes the best in people. My love affirms people and looks deep inside to see divine purpose. I can even prophesize your Word over people today! Thank you that my life is valuable to you Lord.

Thank you for teaching me to attribute value to every person
and believe that you can work in their lives.

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley


LOVE ATTRIBUTES VALUE
(Adapted from John 1:40-47)
Chorus:
Love attributed value to everyone that
Love came in contact with
Love attributed value to everyone that
Love came in contact with
Verse 1:
Simon, son of John
You shall be called
Peter a Stone
Nathaniel, an Israelite indeed
A man of integrity
Repeat Chorus
Verse 2:
Love built them up
Affirmed them
Saw God’s divine purpose in them
Love built them up
Affirmed them
Saw God’s divine purpose in them
2nd Chorus:
I’ll attribute value to
Everyone that I come in contact with
I’ll attribute value to
Everyone that I come in contact with
Verse 3:
I’ll build them up
Affirm them
See God’s divine purpose in them
I’ll build them up
Affirm them
See God’s divine purpose in them
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment